General growing questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mandude47, Oct 31, 2006.

1. I am going to grow for the first time this summer. I am in college so I can't start growing in April at the spot I want to which is around 3 miles from my house. I live in midwest. If I plant in mid june would it be possible to harvest at late August? I would just use some seeds from stuff I have bought because it's my first time. The spot has acres of tall (5-6ft) vegitation/weeds and a pond near it for water. There are also some trees spread around it too. I would be home in late march for spring break for a week, but would have no way to monitor/take care of the plants and there is always a frost possibility.

Also, is the rumer true if you plant near pine trees the copters can't see it? (Not from visablility standpoint but from infrared or whatever they use) Or would any other plants/trees help it blend in from infrared or whatever?

2. hey mandude.

I'm also a first-time grower. And I might be wrong from a lot of different perspectives but what's the worst that could happen?

If you were to plant in Mid-june, there is no way ther would be frost danger unless you live in chile, alaska or any other place. You live in the midwest. You should be good to go for that.
    However, you ask that you plant in June and harvest by August. AFAIK, unless you get an "early" strain, you won't be able to harvest until late sept.

There is always a possibility or choice of you growing it indoors for a short while then transferring it outside. This would get the plant a higher chance of surviving.

And I don't know much about conifers so I'll leave the last question alone :)

hope this helps.

3. Yea like he said starting inside would be sweet. thats what im going to do. but here are some issues you will face.

1. Pot flowers when the light reaches a certain point. You wont be able to harvest in August. Early november is when you would have to harvest.

2. Its bagseeds, which means you have a 50/50 chance of getting a male, without constant monitoring in the beginning of the flowering stage, your females have a good chance of being pollinated by a male. Unless of course you were one of the few that gets all females!

3. There are many things that can go wrong during a grow. Without a few visits, you could easily leave healthy plants and come back for dead ones.

If you only have a few months, you'll have to buy seeds that will fower early. Lowriders or Early girl would be a good choice if thats what you are looking for.

4. I was worried about the frost if I somehow found a way to plant in early april (my spring break). Would it be possible to plant them in April near the pond, and have them be alive when I come back in June for full time attention? I could judge easy where to plant based on the current vegitation, I just don't know if there is any chance it could work. Again, I would just be using seeds from stuff I have smoked. So nothing expensive. Would the possible males co existing with the females be a problem if it didnt work? How far away would I have to plant each one to avoid that?

Thanks in advance