Gen Hydro Soil Grower Here Thinking of Switching

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AnotherPatient, Oct 29, 2013.

1. I want to switch to a new nute line because I feel like the Gen Hydro is too basic. Has anyone tried Heavy 16? If so, how does it perform compared to others? Other suggestions are welcomed.

2. Have you considered switching to organic? It's MUCH easier than chemical nutrients and my plants look wonderful.

All you really need to go organic is earth worm castings or good compost and then a general organic fertilizer. 

I use Fox Farms organic fertilizer and worm castings and all of my plants are doing fantastic. My base mix is Sunshine Mix #1 but any organic soil should work for a base. 

The Fox Farms fertilizer is only around 8 bucks a bag I think, and the earth worm castings are cheap also. I just mix up a tea every so often and water the rest of the time.

No mixing nutrients, checking ph, checking ppm and no flushing needed. Just good ole growing plants with water and organic amendments. 

3. BOOM! Organics for the win!

Never have my plants finished so green! Yet no left over black nute filled ashes when smoked. soo easy! Ganics for the win!

4. I've come a conclusion that synthetics will never be able to ever get nutrients right. The only way is organics. It's how the plants evolved over thousands of years. Synthetic nutrients are new. They've probably only existed less than a percent in the lifetime of plants being on Earth.

I just don't think humans are going to ever be capable of reproducing the function of organics. It's why synthetic THC is garbage and refined foods are killing everybody. Nature is better at gardening than we are, it's been around a helluva lot longer than us biped aquatic apes.