G'day from DFW

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dubNbuds, May 13, 2011.

1. Whats going everyone. Newly registered here, but I've been reading this board from time to time for quite some time.

I like long walks on the beach, but now I live in Texas where I don't have access to any kind of large body of water..... ha ha..

Anyway. Moved about a year ago. Met a friend of a friend, but that friend has moved away, and nobody else knows of a friend like him. So I'm looking to meet a new friend like that locally since I haven't been able to chill in over a month.

What else.. I drive a VW VR6, so any fellow dubbers out here? There HAS to be at least some! Actually, should be quite a few. If anybody in the 817 has a handle on any cool car scenes to check out let me know.

Now that I'm registered, can't wait to get involved in some of the really interesting discussions that I've read over the past few years. Looking forward to mingling with some more like-minded people.

dubNbuds

2. Welcome to GC! Its about time you stopped lurking :D. From what I see in mags and online your in a car show mecca. Texas heatwave is a good show and AZ&CA both have a killer car scene!

3. Now to just find some locals! Ha ha.

Anybody have any pointers on how to find a new connect after moving?