Gc Vs R/trees

Discussion in 'General' started by csquared17, May 30, 2013.

1. *Do you prefer the GC community or the community of r/trees over at Reddit?

They both have pretty good communities if you ask me, but I think I prefer GC. Honestly the inside jokes and memes on Reddit get annoying after awhile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I hate reddit. HTML forums are an ugly confusing mess and because of how large it is no topic stays on the first page for more than like ten seconds. 

3. I don't know what r/trees is but the answer is GC. It is ALWAYS GC.

4. pretty sure it's against the rules to talk about other forums on here.

but reddit is pretty lame in my opinion. i used it for updates during the boston bombing fiasco that's about it.

5. #5 csquared17, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    Shit, really? I had no idea, my bad. If a mod closes this then it's whatever. I was just curious and had no ill intentions.

*But anyway, I can see where you guys are coming from. Honestly I really like Reddit and the 'Reddit is fun' app works well on my phone. I have found a lot of really interesting stuff there and it seems like the front page is usually on top of the latest news. I always end up seeing shit on Facebook a day or two after I read it on Reddit.

6. Never really been on reddit...

7. Redit blows monkey balls

8. #8 csquared17, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    Not trying to break the rules and advertise another forum, but you should check it out. Idk if you will like it or if it's even relevant to you, but I honestly find it to be a useful forum.

HBGBUB, why do say that? I'm just curious about what you don't like about it.

9. One of my housemates is a big reddit surfer. I don't see the appeal.

If it's good enough for a kick and blows up on reddit, it'll be all over the wider internet soon enough. So what's the point? To say that you saw it before it was huge? Goddamn hipsters.

10. This is why I don't like.it. I fucking hate the format of it. It's so confusing

11. It's ALWAYS GC? Well isn't Grasscity not the "King" of marijuana forums anymore? I heard some other site topped it, forget what though. 

Wut?

That may be true but GC is home. Ain't never gonna fly the coop.

14. GC took my V

15. Of course I'll stick with Grasscity even if some other site has more active posts/members. This is my place  :metal:

16. GC is awesome but Reddit as a whole is awesome. The formating is simple as fuck, and the news and views from all the different people are so revealing. Pandora's box & Real Life Stories has nothing on it, I'm sorry.

Sent from the app.

RLS was never good but the Box used to crush reddit and was probably the best place to be on this site.

18. RLS was never good but the Box used to crush reddit and was probably the best place to be on this site.
    </blockquote>It definitely was the best place.

Sent from the app.

19. Just visited reddit for the first time. My god. You can write "whats up?" as a topic and get 10,000 replies about the most indane things. I mean people will reply with "not much" for months. Scary. I say GC is better.

20. GC is the only forum I've ever used. I'm a one forum woman I guess.