GC Suicide....Ask an Ex-Cop.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by budlover13, Dec 28, 2010.

1. surprised no ones asked this yet so i will

u ever have to use ur gun/ u ever shoot someone

2. As for all the question, they are trying to find the truth. Or "fishing". Usually goes down something like this.....
    "Where you headed today?"
    "Jacksonville"
    "What are you going there for?"
    "To visit my mom. She loves Florida."
    "Right on, how old is mom?"
    "Oh, she's 65 and just moved down there."
    "Oh, I see. So where in Jacsonville does she live?"
    "Uh, you know, over on the west side."
    "Sweet, I have friends in West Jacksonville. Which street?"
    "Uhmmm, well, I, uhmmmm...."

3. Interesting posts...appreciate your feedback.

I knew an engineer here in Wichita, that was in the force for awhile. His story was a beating he took while walking a beat. Burglary suspect took his nightstick away and worked him over a little. He quit not long after that. I think he might have misjudged the probability of encountering violence...especially violence that could overwhelm him. Even though a large strong man.

He made the comment that there are some very tough people out there and it takes a special kind of person to deal with it , impersonally and safely.

Thank you for your service.

Red1...aka reh.....

4. I drew my gun many times. Some as a precaution and some in defense. Luckily, as close as I came a couple times, I never had to shoot anyone.

5. Thank you all for your support and questions. Yes, there are some bad people out there. Here's a pic of a knife I confiscated from a guy one time:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      265.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Total bullshit this fool is lying no way was he an ex cop.

7. And this is why lies always have to have some truth to them;)

Heres the catch - "Sweet, I have friends in West Jacksonville. Which street?", was probably a lie. Had you answered "The home over on State St.", the responce would have been, "OK well heres your ticket, have a nice day". If it wasnt a lie, theres a State St. in every city;) Fast plausible answers is what they are looking for.
    The rope-a-dope is designed to catch you off your feet. They are not all as smart as they would like you to believe. They are just people, and fooled as easily as anyone else, as long as you keep it short n sweet. Quick answers, correct or not, will satisfy most cops inquires.

GL guys

8. Very good advice Joker. Calm head, short answers, and ask no questions because it just prolongs your contact.

9. isnt this illegal? detaining someone without reasonable cause/suspicion. just cuz you pulled them over for a mere speeding ticket and they seem a bit sketchy but yet they told you about the gun. and then your "GUT" (an un-scientific method of measurement) tells you that something else is up.

i totally understand why you do that. i would probably want to protect myself, but why is it that you can detain someone like that without an arrest/ i was always under the impression that if im being detained, then im under arrest. or that if im being detained then they had reason to arrest me but the cop was using his discretion on whether or not he wants to arrest me cuz the offense if borderline arrestable.

and also does that mean since i had a gun, legally, under permit or open carry like in AZ now, does it mean that you can now search my car for other things? like reasonable suspicion there is more stuff in there, even though i was completely forthcoming with the first thing?

10. When you did confiscate stuff without making an arrest, what would you do? If you brought it down to the station wouldn't people be curious like "you have an item and no arrest?"

11. I saw a video where a pick up truck was pulled over for speeding. The cops asked where they were coming from. They answered "coming back from a fishing trip." Indeed the bed was full of fishing tackle, too bad it was all new and unused. The correct answer would have been, "The bait shop - we're going fishing". That stupid lie ended up with the guys getting busted with quite a few pounds of weed.
    Again, lies must be enveloped in truth. Out-right lies will be picked up on pretty quick (if the officer is worth a half a shit), and will only lead to more questions to unveil your lie.
    If you're nervous the cop will pick up on that. Be casual, like its no big deal. Just keep this in your head "They aint got shit on me untill I give it to them"

GL
    Joker

12. Ive been cuffed n stuffed a few times and let go. Usually the officer will explain that you are NOT under arrest, and that he's just doing it for his and *your* safety. In other words, so he doesnt shoot you in the head for trying to scratch your ass;)
    Detainment, IIRC is up to 24hrs. If they cannot find charges they must let you go, but usually they'll find something if they want you that bad way before that amount of time goes by.

13. In Cali(because it varies by state) an officer is allowed to detain you for purposes of investigation or for officer safety. Technically, once you have been pulled over you are detained. Detention is different than arrest.

As for opening the vehicle to further search, idk. I would assume it would depend on your state laws.

14. It didn't go back to the station.

15. A good example is contacting a felon in his home on a parole search. Walked in the door and saw a HUGE Buck survival knife laying on the coffee table. I secured it and asked if it was his. He said he had just found it and was preparing to turn it in. So I obliged.

16. I didn't see this asked yet sorry if it was but, did you ever use the bud you confiscated?

17. No, I either dumped it or gave it to an officer who DID smoke. I didn't smoke while I was a cop because I didn't want to piss dirty in the event I was involved in a major incident.

18. Well, that's why the poll has that option. As stated in OP, I'd be hardpressed to prove it on an internet pot forum but I busted out a few pics and going to try uploading them now.

In the tan uniform I was graduating from the academy. In the rest, I had been sworn in as an officer.

Attached Files:

19. What do you mean by "Major incident"? They actually do piss test cops sometimes?

20. I believe it is based on each departments policy. Ours was if you were involved in a shooting, serious injury, or fatallity they required a test. Kind of like jobs only testing you if you have an accident on the job.