GC Lets Show Our Love For Trayvon Martin and Others Alike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 420OGKUSH, Mar 26, 2012.

1. The news spends countless hours on sports, weather, and entertainment but you draw the line at teens getting shot by vigilantes?

2. Because people aren't making the same stink, the very same one that some folks here apparently don't agree with, about those poor kids.

The only reason the media is swarming this, is because of the initial controversy and coverage it received by individuals on a mass scale, on forums, facebook, mysepace, etc.

If more people took these single-person murders as seriously, as individuals, as they took Trayvon, we'd hear more about all murders on the national news whether they were children or grandparents.

Unfortunately, it takes open discussion, and obviously some people are very against this when the rest of the world is still falling apart. :rolleyes:

Again, I will reiterate that I am just as upset about the WORSE happenings elsewhere, I've probably seen a lot more in person than MOST of you, I've lived on a few different continents after all.

But right now, we're talking about a murder that happened in Florida. Hopefully, that isn't too difficult a concept to comprehend. :)

3. This information is available you just have to do some research... That's the problem with stupid AMERICANS these days, they never feel like they should do research and create their own opinion. They rather hear something that easily makes sense in their minds. Sadly the most prime example of this is how people assume that cannabis is a drug without researching it or assuming that all Muslims are violent.

4. [quote name='"420OGKUSH"']

This information is available you just have to do some research... That's the problem with stupid AMERICANS these days, they never feel like they should do research and create their own opinion. They rather hear something that easily makes sense in their minds. Sadly the most prime example of this is how people assume that cannabis is a drug without researching it or assuming that all Muslims are violent.[/quote]

I actually have been doing research so your assumption that i havent isnt needed. And instead of insulting an entire nation of people let it be known that there are different viewpoints for the topic at hand. And to stay on topic since its obvious that you cant, my reseaech leads me to believe that Zimmerman was trying to do the right thing by following Martin. He was put in a bad situation and martin and zimmerman had a scuffle. He didnt break any laws, there was no racial animosity and while its is tragic, people need to move on.

5. #46 Tripace, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    you mean like...
    U.S. News - Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon' ?

And actually, what he's saying is very relevant, because Obama has made this a political agenda now. The media is focusing on it so heavily to try and lighten the attention on the marine that went psycho and kill 17 innocents in Afghanistan, 9 of them really were children, not just 17 year olds whose picture from 5 years ago is being used to make them seem more like a child. It's called a political diversion, used to try and make the public look at this small incident while other crap is going on, which people will get more upset with the current administration about, in an election year.

6. You're right, I shouldn't blame corporate media for manufacturing controversies like this... they are only acting out of self interest.

Really I'm just upset that people are incapable of caring about things that matter, so long as the gatekeeper doesn't.

7. Maybe if you actually read the petition instead of just looking at the title or the picture than you would understand that the reason why this petition was created is to repeal the "Stand Your Ground" laws and the new bills S. 2188 and S. 2213 which are backed by the men behind the curtain to protect individuals from other individuals. Basically covers everything that you said in that quote above. Please read the petition and then maybe you won't consider us wasting your time. All the information is in there I promise. If you cannot bear to read a page of words then just follow this:

"Stand Your Ground" Allows people to kill others without being charged of murder if their is no hard evidence proving that they are wrong, e.g. surveillance tape. Basically allows anyone to take a person out into the woods or anywhere that is out of sight (like Trayvon's case) and murder them without being charged or accused of anything since the victim is going to be dead. Example: If Billy's mom knew that he was going out to the woods with Tim for a hike and only Tim came back because Tim claims that Billy became hostile and had to defend himself by shooting him, then Billy's mom would be shit-out-of-luck when it comes to charging Tim for murder cause there is no evidence that Tim was the aggressor. Repealing this law would ensure that each homicide would receive due process instead of allowing murderers like Zimmerman run away free of trial.

Bills S. 2188 and S. 2213 would give people who currently live in a state that allows people to conceal weapons the right to conceal their weapon in any given state despite the laws pertaining there. Example: Person with medical cannabis recommendation living in CA smoking in front of a cop in Florida. However, that is a really bad example because marijuana is the greatest healer in the world while guns are the greatest killer. Sorry but some of us in other states like CA don't feel comfortable knowing that others might be strapped.

8. Fuck that we have the right to defend ourselves in the second Ammendment, why the fuck would we want to repeal that, might as well put handcuffs and ankle cuffs on and say "okay Obama we are your slaves now, come do as you please, we are here to serve your will."

9. Multiple witnesses from different houses heard the child crying for help BEFORE any shots were fired, and then several witnessed Zimmerman sitting on the boys back, crushing the kids face into the ground as he bled to death.

Again, almost 50 calls to 911 were made by Zimmerman, all of which were false alarms, and all of which were about young black males.

In some of his calls, he was complaining about black children he himself thought were as young as '6 - 8 years old'.

He had already been in trouble with the very community he was supposed to be protecting, because of his violent, aggressive tactics. He was not a registered participant of any neighborhood watch program, and violated the neighborhood local watch programs general 'no guns' policy.

He had a criminal record, including a physical altercation with a police officer.

A witnesses who heard Trayvon's crying and last moments, called a detective, over and over again, only to be ignored simply because her account differed from Zimmerman's... the guy who pulled the trigger.
    Until the public outcry, the opinion of the murderer was being taken more seriously, than those who heard and witnessed an entirely different set of events.

Off topic, but good to know: The police officer in charge of the crime scene, was almost fired once before, for failing to arrest a lieutenants son after he was caught on tape, beating a homeless black man.

Step, by step, everything Zimmerman did was wrong. He didn't even mention an altercation with the boy when he called 911 initially, which he claims happened now as soon as he exited his vehicle. He 'didn't think' to mention it until much later (when it began to look like he may be held responsible for his actions).

-------------

Just thought this may be news to you, because it certainly sounds like a scuffle, but not by any stretch of the imagination does it sound like an excuse to shoot and kill a kid who's crying and begging for help.

Except for the murderer alone, the above is what all witnesses involved are claiming happened.

The only people sticking up for Zimmerman, strangers on the internet, his lawyer, his friend, his father (who it turns out lied, after the 911 calls were released): were not there.

So, I guess you guys all must know or must have seen something that the witnesses didn't... you friends with Zimmerman by any chance, psychic maybe? :)

10. Things that matter... I hope that one day a stalker decides to follow you and if you dare fight back with your fists that he shoots you dead. Maybe you're white and this would not apply to you as much, however can't you feel sympathy for the ones who are targeted (minorities). Would you feel safe walking around Florida as a young black man right now knowing that there are a lot of racist-ass people living there? What about being Hispanic in Arizona? They have the same "Stand Your Ground" law and many racist-ass people living there.

Also for your information, I signed this petition that was sent out to subscribers of change.org by the Martin Family not from "the gatekeeper". What makes you think that every activist is a follower that cannot form an opinion themselves, especially in this case that is so blatantly wrong!

11. [quote name='"420OGKUSH"']

Maybe if you actually read the petition instead of just looking at the title or the picture than you would understand that the reason why this petition was created is to repeal the "Stand Your Ground" laws and the new bills S. 2188 and S. 2213 which are backed by the men behind the curtain to protect individuals from other individuals. Basically covers everything that you said in that quote above. Please read the petition and then maybe you won't consider us wasting your time. All the information is in there I promise. If you cannot bear to read a page of words then just follow this:

"Stand Your Ground" Allows people to kill others without being charged of murder if their is no hard evidence proving that they are wrong, e.g. surveillance tape. Basically allows anyone to take a person out into the woods or anywhere that is out of sight (like Trayvon's case) and murder them without being charged or accused of anything since the victim is going to be dead. Example: If Billy's mom knew that he was going out to the woods with Tim for a hike and only Tim came back because Tim claims that Billy became hostile and had to defend himself by shooting him, then Billy's mom would be shit-out-of-luck when it comes to charging Tim for murder cause there is no evidence that Tim was the aggressor. Repealing this law would ensure that each homicide would receive due process instead of allowing murderers like Zimmerman run away free of trial.

Bills S. 2188 and S. 2213 would give people who currently live in a state that allows people to conceal weapons the right to conceal their weapon in any given state despite the laws pertaining there. Example: Person with medical cannabis recommendation living in CA smoking in front of a cop in Florida. However, that is a really bad example because marijuana is the greatest healer in the world while guns are the greatest killer. Sorry but some of us in other states like CA don't feel comfortable knowing that others might be strapped.[/quote]

You might as well argue that with everyone then. I didnt initiate the arguement, I responded to it. I agree that there should be gun law reforms. But I dont agree with people calling this guy a murderer especially when there are many sides to the story. Your labeling is premature. I also believe that anyone with a permit should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon. For every law abiding gun owner there are many that do not follow the laws so by not giving us our right to conceal carry anywhwere also limits our immediate defense. And from my research that i didnt do it seems like Zimmerman was within the law. You anti-gun rights hippies are also the ones saying alot of laws are unconstitutional, which is quite hypocritical.

12. :rolleyes:Stalker? He was on neighborhood watch, in a neighborhood that had recently been hit with multiple robberies, a gated community, so people he didn't recognize weren't normally out walking the streets there at night. He saw someone he didn't recognize, so he followed him. That isn't stalking.:wave:

13. stalking present participle of stalk (Verb)
    Verb:\t
    Pursue or approach stealthily: "a cat stalking a bird".
    Harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention: "the fan stalked the actor".

Um, yeah it was stalking.

14. The corporate media has zero interest in helping minorities, so why all the coverage?

Black on black crime, police brutality, zero coverage, zero controversy in the media.

But when it's individual citizens involved, the media goes into a frenzy about street justice and gun laws.

Do you really think the media cares about minorities? No, they'd rather have the different races fighting amongst one another by sensationalizing isolated events whilst the systematic oppression of minorities by the state goes on with no coverage by the press.

Let me know when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get stirred up into a frenzy about black on black crime, police brutality and such, they are nothing but wolves in sheep's clothing.

15. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']

stalking present participle of stalk (Verb)
    Verb:
    Pursue or approach stealthily: "a cat stalking a bird".
    Harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention: "the fan stalked the actor".

Um, yeah it was stalking.[/quote]

From what ive read it was not a stealthy approach. He was a neighborhood watch, no need for stealthiness nor obsessiveness. He was doing what anyone else in a protective situation would have done. He was doing his job by persuing the suspicious character. And if it were me persuing, damn right i have a gun and id be ready to use. My life is more important than a trespassers.

16. That'll show me! lol :rolleyes:

Stand your ground allows people to act in self defense without first attempting to retreat. I think it's a fair law because sometimes retreat could mean death.

You obviously have no understanding of the law because it looks like your advocating we convict people for murder without evidence. We've ALWAYS been allowed to take a person into the woods and murder them, so long as nobody sees and there's no evidence, stand your ground has nothing to do with that.

17. There's proof the killer was a racially biased and over-zealous vigilante (calling the police constantly on innocent blacks, ignored the police dispatchers recommendation).

What proof do you have that the victim was a violent thug? His record is spotless.

18. Would you ignore the police diapatchers recommendation to leave the teenager alone then expect to get off scott free after you kill the unarmed kid?

19. its odd that the media keeps on showing old pictures...
    [​IMG]