GC Island.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr.Dankmen, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol look at post #9..."58,ooo GC members..." present day....~302,000:metal::gc_rocks:

2. ive been working on facilitating a future island with a lot of different things that will allow us to live with only a few restrictions that we currently have.

like there is a mini power plant that can power 3-4 homes in india. which by their standards is a lot considering they are more like a second world country in most parts of their areas. but in comparison to our island if we play our cards right and to the plan i have outlined then we should be able to do pretty well with the resource. google and ebay and yahoo already use them commercially. so you know its good to begin with.

but if you want to check out this cool thing i have been hearing a lot about lately on the news and in a few magazines and such, which lead me to research further, its call the Bloom Box. there are different size models that have various outputs for various needs. but the largest one would take up the size of one of those 3 row passenger vans. and like i said it could power maybe 3 of our modest homes, which i have also started to design in cad.

but these power sources wouldnt be able to provide all the required energy we would need. so we would need an island that has a decent sized mountain on it so that we can install wind turbines on it. also i have looked up the requirements for wave based power generators, but even though they are extremely efficient they are high cost for maintenance and to built and we wont have the money for that sort of thing.

but with all the forms of electricity that we have at our disposal, it got me thinking that power could be our major export. like if we could create a university of sorts that teaches about the stuff then we could receive international support and government subsidiaries that would fund future research and we could be a forefront of power technologies.

then we could export our technologies and even if we made more electrical power than we needed then we could save it up and export that as well.

but i have also been speaking with a few folks about the requisition of an island and they have pointed a few out to me that may be worth looking into but some are just a little too big or not in a very good area geographically in political terms. Phillipino islands are more appropriate but some need to be looked into more because of the fact that a lot of the other islands dont have much of a penal system and so the crime rates are outrageous. so im keeping all that kind of thing in mind as well

but basically the price to get and island up and running for a mere 500 people would cost around 25-30 million for the price of the island and basic infrastructure elements. then after that is all set and ready it would be about 5-10 years before life can fully begin and we are self reliant.

its a goal and we should all work on it but even with the good money i make as a civil engineer, it would take a while for me to save up that money. so lets all play our local lotteries and then whoever wins can get in contact with me and we can get it all set forward.

3. Weren't there that movie, where Leonardo was? Accidentally leaving into that strange paradise etcetera.

The idea would actually be sweet. But someone in the end would get pissed probably, someone would smoke more than others and the harvest wasn't good enough to provide it for everyone.

Well, I still love the idea. :p I'm just cynic myself.

However, if someone seriously would make this happen, I would love to be part of it. I'm afraid I just can't contribute much myself, apart from my psychological knowledge. =/

4. Erosion, Storms, and governments trying to fuck you in the ass, are probably the 3 biggest problems you would have.

Perhaps if the island was made out of sections of something buoyant that could easily be disassembled or moved if a storm was coming.

5. Well, it would also be quite prone for flooding I believe, unless it's at a good height. If it can't flood, the plantation could just be placed under a structure that will have a "roof", which you can extend once storms come, and then leave open as the plants need sun.

As for erosion, I think that it could be handled by just growing a massive harvest that could last for up to two years, and everyone would grow meanwhile couple plants for themselves, use harvest meanwhile waiting on them or if they get destroyed. Harvest again once it seems fit.

Could work I guess?

As for government, do you really suppose they care for "junkies" leaving the streets to own isle and "shoot their smack" there? You know it yourself, that isle is a fucking investment for them :p Since they won't care much for what happens there, the problem is, if any corrupt minded person would enter the isle, he could potentially kill everyone, steal their stashes and just sell it elsewhere.

Thats why the isle could be secret, but it can't! =/ There is nothing to protect it from the outsiders.. Unless there is wildlife that you can tame, lol.

6. i doubt we could all get along tho, some are just bound to clash.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.