GC, I need your advice.

Discussion in 'General' started by illadelphin, Jul 30, 2009.

1. So I am applying for Jobs through my college, CSU... and one is an intern job at a bank. I NEEEEED this job, it pays well and the hours are perfect.

However, they are asking for a resume (as expected) and I have never made one before, I mean I just fucking turned 19.... can anyone steer me in the right direction as to how to make said resume? Are there any websites where I can enter information and it'll be made for me?

2. Yea they are fairly easy. There are quite a few different formats, but as long as its categorized, grammatically correct, and makes you look like you should be hired, your good to go.
    Its also a good idea to study common interview questions, like 3 things your good at, 3 things your not, ect... you can find those online too.

3. thanks guys :wave:

4. no problem man, hope it goes well:)

5. How does this look?

Objective

• My prerogative is to gain experience in interpersonal exchanges, cash handling, and customer service.

Skills

• Affable
    • Intelligent
    • Easy Learner
    • Driven
    • Adaptable
    • Assiduous
    • Punctual
    • Chivalrous

Experience Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Highlands Ranch, CO, Cook/Register, March, 2009 to June, 2009
    • Cook hamburgers
    • Cook french fries
    • Handle cash and customers at the cash registers
    • Expo finished orders to customers.
    Regis University, Arvada, CO, Academic Tutor and Telefund Calloer, September, 2008 to February, 2009
    • I tutored students in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math up to Calculus II and English.
    • As a caller, I called Regis Alumni and, through meticulous conversation, I asked them for contributions to the Regis Fund, which is the fund used for all Financial Aid on campus.
    Diabetic Youth Services, Compton, CA, Cabin Counselor, July, 2006 to July, 2009
    • Counsel a cabin of 10 kids for 2 months every summer. As a counselor, duties include always paying attention to the health and safety of the kids, testing their blood sugars five times a day minimum, being personable at all times no matter the situation, holding great responsibility and having fun doing so.
    Education Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, Chemical and Biological Engineering, May, 2012 Regis University, Arvada, CO, Biochemistry, Math, May, 2012
    Awards

• Regis University Dean's List 2008 (3.8+ GPA)
    • Winner of 6 Medals in Orange County Academic Decathalon (2008)
    • JSerra Catholic High School Dean's List 2008 (3.6+ GPA)

6. With a resume like that, I wouldnt be surprised if you got the job.

7. ur not gonna have any problems bro, quite impressive:wave:

8. Personally, and this of course is just opinion, but under skills, I would make lesser of them, detail them a bit, and make them things related to a job, like punctuality, works great with others, gets work done on time, strives to be a better worker, bla bla bla...
    Otherwise ur straight.

9. Very nice.

You seem to have a good vocabulary and solid writing skills, which is more than what can be said for a lot of people these days.

I really think you'll do fine :)

10. what? Should not be the case.

11. I work in a very professional environment and nail job interviews ... this is my old resume, it's several years old, I have my education background between the two and then employment history under Employment Skills, I didn't post either here for obvious reasons ...

Professional Skills
    Microsoft Office
    Filing/Editing
    Accounting
    Microsoft Windows
    Typing (80+ wpm)
    Supervisory Skills
    MS Dynamics
    Office Procedures
    Customer Service Skills
    QuickBooks
    Telephone Skills
    Office Management
    Office Logic
    Receptionist Skills
    Paychex Software

Employment Skills
    Developed ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere
    Maintained excellent customer relations and developed customer rapport
    Contributed to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits
    Diplomatically resolved customers complaints
    Followed all standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products
    Accurately calculated and made daily deposits
    Motivated and supervised 10+ employees on daily basis
    Maximized labor by adjusting staffing to meet ideal staffing hours and store needs
    Trained new employees in company procedures and policy
    Delegated responsibilities to employees to meet company’s expectations and customer satisfaction
    Communicated store and employee concerns with the store manager in an effective manner
    Ability to follow instructions well and make decisions with no supervision
    Effectively developed telephone communication skills
    Scheduled and confirmed all customer appointments

12. Lol, you seem like a real winner. Good luck.

13. My university has a really in depth Career Center and website with all sorts of brochures and guides and pamphlets and books just on the subject of making a resume.

I'm sure your school probably has a website along similar lines? Might wanna check that out.

14. eh, I already submitted it. I didnt want to stall too long, I need this job.

15. Five guys! fuck yeah man, that was my post-blazing delight. :D

16. seth rogen is hilarious

17. dude, you WAY changed your ava and sig. dude, u gotta change it back, t was ORIGINAL

18. good luck! even tho I'm pretty sure its in the bag already let us know when you start :D

19. How'd you know about my other sig. You a previously banned member?