Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Namynam, Feb 11, 2004.

1. some people are just cold.

*sigh*

2. if they raised you, you would not give a fuck if they were gay.
    pah, freedom, it barely exists.

yey to the gay(s)

3. It's not like they will have sex in front of the kids.Yet I do hear of people who have caught their parents at it and have been mentally scarred at the sight of their dad's hairy arse and their mam's legs round his neck.

4. Gays on the whole are nice and easy going people, i dont see why they get such a hard time from people. I mean, 2 dudes making out duznt appeal to me but thats just it, it might appeal to someone else. I got no problem with um. Live & let live. And yeah, good point on more things becoming accepted after that gets legalized. People just need freedom to be themselves, unless they are dangerous fucks who want to kill us all. In which case, start up SDI :)

5. ditto on the beginning post. i support gay unions having the exact same right as marriages, only maybe use the term "civil union" because i have just a sliver of that damn conservativism in me that says "marriage" is a sacred bond between an man and a woman. but same rights, the usa is all about freedom and if you dont think gay people and couples should have the same rights as straight people and couples then you're a fucking hypocrite. my fundamentalist christian friend said when hearing about how the texas sodomy laws were struck down that he was appaulled because homosexuality is wrong. im not even gonna go into all the reasons why that rationale is so fucking stupid. this kid also said that if you break the law then it is a sin because w/ the 10 commandments, obeying your parents, parents also means government. im not going into the ignorance of that either. but he;s been my friend since i was like 7, whats a person to do.

6. hhhhokay, i love screwed up families! i mean, who can say that a family is normal anyway. i know growing up in a loving home with encouragement is sooo much better than growing up in a house where a mom and a dad don't really want to be a mom and a dad...we've all seen the talk show topics and such, i have two moms and two daddies...it's just great! love is love and that's all there is to it. it's not racial or sex oriented. it's either there or it's not and i just hope i find it somewhere...cause from what i've seen, gay and straight couples alike, it looks pretty damn awesome.

7. I think it should be called marriage too. Not Civil Unions.
    Dont hurt me if im married to a girl, and a dudes married to a dude. You do your thing and ill do mine. S' Long as you aint botering me, s' all good.

8. Marriage is not some covenant with God as some think.
    Marriage came about as a way to keep bloodlines separate,
    and they used religion to get the people to accept it.
    Marriage is not sanctified and holy and I think refusing gays
    the right to marry is evil. Just like keeping Marijuana illegal
    is evil. It's just government stepping into private life where
    they have no business being in the first place.

9. amen (of agreement, not religous) brother

10. I'm fine with gay marriage, you just have to think about the peer pressures on any children they might adopt or whatever, I know they can probably offer warm loving homes, but the teasing on a young child could scar them for life....

11. I posted a poll on this question, here at the city, a while back and was suprised by the result. There were 25 for it, and 7 against it.

Click here to go to the link

Personally, I don't have any probs with it. Most of the homosexuals I've been around haven't caused me any strife. In fact, most have been almost beneficial for me. One of my best herbage hook-ups was gay. I had some gays move in next door to me, one time, and they fixed their house up so nice that the value of MY home went up! lol

12. I really dont care what they do but it has been in the news for ever and have thoguht about it and i really dont see the point in it. These gay people know that this is goin to piss people off, for what tho. So you have a paper that says "Maridge Lincense". The purpose of marridge (i'm chatholic) is so you can have sex. Im pretty sure gay people wouldnt wait for marrigde to have sex. They can get married, but why try to bring in the MAN just to make it offical to the system. Just tell people your married you kno?

13. The point of the gay marriage thing is more about benefits. If two gays are 'married' for a long time. And one of them dies. The living partner doesn't have any rights to any of the property that the deceased had in his or her name. The deceaseds family ( mother father bro ect... ) gets it. And in a lot of cases, that person has been made the outcast of the family because of their lifestyle. If the gay couple has only one person working, and their partner gets hurt or needs to stay in the hospital for any reason, their insurance will NOT cover them. They don't get any of the tax breaks that married 'hetero' couples get.

There is a movie that my G/F used when she taught a tolerance class at a local university. It tells the story of gays and lesbians better than I ever could. The movie is called " If These Walls Could Talk 2"

14. The bible says Adam and Eve were the FIRST people created...
    Not the ONLY people created...
    ;)

15. Actually Lilith was the first woman but she got thrown out because she wanted to equality.I think we are over populated already and gays keep the population down so it can't be that bad.

16. Well then...
    There you go...

Adam and Eve's sons went over and fucked Lilith...
    Even though she was older than their mother and probably all saggy, it was perfectly acceptable back then...

Ah, the good ol days...

17. Never thought about that.I have to praise Lilith for standing up to man.REM shiny happy people is being played on my tv I love that song.Just thought I would add that on.

18. I wonder if that means God hates women...
    And since God wouldn't label himself as an inferior...
    God is probably a man...

Conclusion...
    God is gay...

19. May its just me, I will never understan how people of the same sex look at each other and say they want to be married. As long they dont bother me im fine, they can do what they do as long as im left out of it. im not a bible beater but deep down i feel it to be wrong and thats what i go by. people tell me to accept it, well why dont people accept that im very against it and drop it. im not bothering you about so dont bother me about it.

20. You will always get people who will try and convert you to their way of thinking.I'm sure you are not the only one who opposes it,in fact my bf doesn't think it's right either so we agree to disagree.

Anyway this is what god made.

Attached Files: