Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemiseInDisguise, Sep 28, 2008.

1. #1 DemiseInDisguise, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
    What's so bad about it?

EDIT: I think my original post was a bit misinformed. I want to know why the people against gay marriage are against it.

To those of you who are against gay marriage, don't be afraid to share why.

2. rah rah rah the bible says this and that rah rah rah.

nah im not one of those religious freaks.

3. Far as i can see the peeps that hate it i guess are grossed out by it or something, fuckin odd that people care so much, like peeps are like- ahhh there goes some gay guys, fuckin fags- like i dont understand what peeps beef with them are, like if they get married then we will not be able to marry or somethin.

4. Absolutely nothing. Regardless of what you think of it, there can be no greater evil done than initiating aggression. By refusing to allow gays to marry, you are initiating aggression. You are infringing upon the rights of an individual, and that is wrong.

I think that most of the gay rights haters are super-duper, evangelical asshats. I don't think there is one real reason to disallow gays to get married.

5. Legalizing it would result in millions of happy people and we just can't allow that.

6. Well if you don't mind me asking, are you against it? Or do you really just not care enough on the subject?

7. Don't care really.

I am sure there are some arguments against it but mostly it's religious and some say "they can't reproduce" or "what will the children think" but for me its whatever.

8. personally I don't give a fuck, yea i kinda get grossed out by it sometimes when i see it.

Let them do them. We do us and smoke weed let them be married.

9. Allowing gay marriage would go directly against the Christian majority's beliefs, and thus is condemned. They may say church and state are seperate, but in today's America, it's pretty much Christ or GTFO.

10. The amount of homophobia in America is fucking disgusting. Someday our kids will read about how people pushed for constitutional amendments to deny gay people rights, and they'll look down on us in the same way we look down on our parents for accepting segregation and Jim Crowe laws for so long.

11. Gay marriage should not be a federal issue.

The reason it has become a part of the Presidential debate is because candidates only largely differ on social issues like abortion, health care and gay rights, so these are the only points they can debate. Modern conservatives are only socially conservative, yet as politically liberal as Democrats because they favor the expansion of government.

12. Hardly the same thing

13. you're supposed to be gay when you're gettin married. . .

its a happy day why be a raincloud?
    :)

14. I disagree.

15. Since when do gay people not have the right to vote/sit with straight people/eat at the same restaurants/etc?

The media glorifies them. Hardly the same as what blacks went through

16. Obviously it isn't the exact same struggle. And if you want to make a pain-o-meter, blacks probably score higher. But I'm talking about the concept of discrimination against someone because of an innate part of them that has nothing to do with anything.

17. I could point out that homosexuality goes against the basic reason for human survival (procreation) but I'll stop because I actually favor gay marriage.

More adoptive parents is a great thing in my eyes and if more people are happy then all the better.

18. I could point out that ive seen my mates dog literally bum another, both males, but i wont, cos that would be sick. oh wait lol

19. well dogs hump pillows too

20. I support the right of gays to marry. At the same time, though, I strongly question the validity of marriage as a legal institution. I tend to look in the opposite direction in regard to progressives, in that I'd prefer to just lift state-recognition of marriage altogether. There's no reason that you should need anyone's permission to marry. And at that, I think it's a bit foolish to enter into an agreement that allows the government in as a third party. To my understanding, that's mainly just an entry way into allowing the state to take one's children and assets away.