Gave simple green a try and broke my shit

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jready, Feb 22, 2013.

1. So I decided to try simple green to clean my pieces. It worked really well for an over night soak. But I forgot to take the before pic haha. So here's the during and after pic. And yes I did suffer a casualty I broke a bong for the first time today. Man it sucks iv had that bad boy for 4 years. Luckily I just bought that apix in the middle so my fit of anger didn't last too long. Over all simple green did a great job, but breaking the bong u originally bought the green for blows. Anyways just thought I'd share, smoke a bowl for the fallen jolly green giant

TiG

Attached Files:

2. urgh this reminds me of my first bong break during cleaning
    damn thats good for a soak
    how much did a big bottle of that cost and what sent dose it give off?

3. Ya man it sucks. there isn't a sent after the clean with a rinse, when using it smells sorta like alcohol. I got the bottle for 20 bucks but it is the 1 gallon and people say u can reuse it but it was worth the try just wish I wasn't so clumsy this morning haha

TiG

4. $20?
    i think thats cheaper than 97% rubbing alcohol

5. #5 Ovid, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    I bought a 5 gallon jug at home depot for $40 if I recall correctly. ZEP also makes some purple shit that is a bit more expensive but is even stronger, but I can't remember how much it costs.

6. Does it do anything for hard water spots?

7. ya and in Canada at Canadian mawfucka its 14 bucks for a 4l jug of simple green concentrate

8. Sucks to hear.......but hey nice glass and beautiful avatar!!!

9. I know this thread has been dead a while but I just recently tried cleaning with simple green for the first time and have a problem. I know it's non toxic but the smell has been lingering around in my piece despite my best efforts to rinse it with water and iso and salt. The smell is just nauseating to me and I get a bit light headed from it. Is anybody experiencing the same things or know a fix?

10. @[member="JigglyCream"]

Maybe the smell would go away if you let it soak in water for a while?