Gauging my ears

Discussion in 'General' started by EuDxKing, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Well after some thinking, i am going to gauge my ears.

I dont want them too big, but not too small.

I was thinking around 6-8.

and since i dont have a car, and i'm extremely lazy.....i was hoping some one knew some online shops that i could buy them from.

What i want to do, is slowly do the tapers, starting from 16. all the way down to 6.

then take them out and put in black hollow tubes.
    So its something like this:
    [​IMG]

but the walls are thinner, so the hole is bigger. and its black.

if any one knows of online stores to buy these things.
    please let me know.
    :)

2. thanks.
    you sure do help me a lot.
    :)
    +rep.

but do you know the conversions of the mm to the normal gauge size?
    because these sizes are in mm.

3. lol
    thanks again.
    any one else have any experienve with this stuff?
    or know any items they would suggest?

4. Yeah I had mine gauged to a 1 gauge. Your best bet would be tapers. http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=677&cat=137&page=1 use those, and you can go however big you really want. What are you at now? I was stupid and when I took oxys I went from a ten to a 4 in a matter of minutes. Hurt like fuck and they grew shut all fucked up. But I'm gonna re-pierce them in about a week. So keep me updated bud.

EDIT: Don't use tusks man, it's better to go straight when you are guaging, especially going that low. It's better to do it gradually, unlike me haha.

5. i was gonna suggest painfulpleasures.com as well. great site with, good prices and a great selection. I gauged my right ear from a 16 to an 8 in one hour because i got tired of having a 6 in my left, and only a 16 in my right. its do-able, but it hurts like hell. lots of bleeding too, haha.

but if you got the loot, buy the tapers, they are the least painful way to get the job done.

6. thats what i was going to say.
    Its not really meant to hurt if you go slow, and just take your time.
    go down a size, then give them time to rest.
    and as for my size right now, i think i'm at 18, just the normal piercing size, so i'm going to use tapers, until i get into my wanted size then try to find some black double flared tunnels.

7. And the painful pleassures website doesnt work for me.

8. Painful Pleasures is crap anyways, so much of the stuff on their website is just cheap shit that they ripped off of other jewelry makers. That forum/thread I linked to is connected to a body jewelry website, I highly recommend checking their selection out..they carry cheaper jewelry as well as some ridiculously priced stuff, and it's where I get most of my jewelry.

9. I had mine to 5/8 of an inch
    I suggest using anything around the house that looks like tapers because they can get pretty expensive

if you cut off the ends of paint brushes they work really good

10. Please, please don't suggest this to anyone. If you can't afford to do the process right, don't bother.

11. Ah, the days of gauging my ears. What an expensive endeavor that was. You can technically go to a 10 from any size piercing, but that may be a bit tight. You could easily do a 12 or 14, put some clear anti-bacterial soap on it, and slide it on in.

I used to have my ear at 3/4" and I bought my final tunnel for that from www.bmezine.com. I ended up taking it out, and it shrunk down to a 0, and that's where it will forever be now.

12. im going to 2's soon
    and "normal" earing size *like what youd buy normally* is 22...just fyi

and its not supposed to bleed or tear, if you want to get it done that quickly..just get them pierced to a bigger gauge...when you tear it and make it bleed it can scar funny and leave a keloid *tho those are a risk anyways*
    tearing it can also lead to infections and other complications...

13. Got 3/4" currently.. Idk what that would be is gauge sizes.. like 00000000g lol.

Be sure to read about it first.. clean it every time you shower.
    Do NOT gauge too fast. Though you don't necessarily have to wait a month. If you can pull on your lobe really hard and it feels 100% ok, then it is healed. Thats how I checked.

Also you mind fight that you want to go further than what you are planning too.. They always seem smaller than expected, and you always think the next size is good, then you'll stop. I originally wanted to go 0g, then 00g.. next thing I know I'm at 3/4" :D I'm stopping here though.. maybe.. it's been like this for 6 months or so.. I'm thinking about going to 7/8 er something.

DO NOT TAPER WITH RANDOM THINGS! Use only bought tapers and buy the right sizes.
    It might get expensive it you're going for big ones.. but it's worth it. I spent around 200-300$ to get them where they are now. But it was over the course of 4-5 months.

14. I have normal earing sizes.
    so should i get a 16 taper first?

15. i went from a 20 to a 8 the first time. and now i went from a 00 in one ear to a 1/2 and a 0 in the other to a 1/2 then back down to a 7/16

16. Been at an inch for something like 3 years now