Gauges

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by dlllllp420, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Yooo! I was thinking about gauging my ears too change things up a little and want too know your guys opinions!! And how painful it is -__- I'm not a big fan of pain! Loll

2. Measuring your ears doesn't hurt at all! So no worries man, just make sure you calibrate your equipment before taking any measurements.

3. i gauged my scrotum,now my testicles slip out the hole once in a while

4. LOLLLL!! Sounds like you got yourself a real issue dude! ;)

5. lol it hurts man.. depends on how fast u wanna go big. i went from nothing to 7/8ths of an inch in 2 months i wouldnt reccomend doin it that fast kinda blew out my shit a bit.

6. gauges are nasty looking man lol

7. Start with a 2g and go from there

8. Well, for me, the initial piercing hurt, but after that it's pretty painless if you don't try to skip too many sizes. Once you get to about 8 is when you shouldn't skip sizes.

I had 9/16's plugs in, but currently I have 8's in. :cool:

9. I'm a girl lol and I was only thinking about doing the smallest size!

10. As long as you don't skip sizes and wait about a week or two between stretches it doesn't hurt at all.

Even if you're having some pain with it, take a hot shower before hand so the heat relaxes your skin, massage your lobes a bit, and put a lil lube on it haha.

11. That's about what size I was thinking!!

12. Hahah ok! Thanks dude :)

13. I was only thinking about getting a small size and sticking with that!! So I should be good :)

14. STRETCHING, not "gauging."

If you do it right, then it will not hurt or fuck up your ear. Take it slow, DO NOT rush. You will blow out your ear. Get familiar with the "tape method." There's several similar guides, but they're all pretty similar.

My ears are at 00g. I'm not quite sure what the point of no return is, but I'm headed to 7/16. Any larger and my ear will be stretched thinner than I'd like. I've seen many a people with torn ears, and now they are stuck with two dangly flaps until/if they get reconstructive surgery.

15. I hate to be the bitch here but you aren't "gauging" your ears. You're stretching them. The gauge is the size of the plug or tunnel in your ear. If you were running, you wouldn't be mile-ing, would you?

16. And fuck what other people say, if they think it's gross. It's your body and it's your life. Stretched lobes, when done right, are beautiful and unique. Just do you guuurl.

17. I'm 00g and one thing I found out that if you take a really hot shower and stretch your ears soon after it goes straight through and doesn't hurt at all :)

18. i have an inch and a quarter [1.25] lobes. i gauged my ears back in high school and still love them to this day. i do have a tear in my left ear from stretching to fast but other than that my lobes are perfect. jojoba oil does amazing things when stretching, aftercare. i prefer wooden gauges because they feel more natural, are lighter on your lobes, and just look more badass in general. having plugs is a lifestyle choice, not one for impulse. expect to see lot people walking into shit 'cause they're too busy staring at your beautiful modifications.

19. Do it! I'm a gal with stretched ears and I enjoy them. It's not painful for me to stretch if my ears are ready to do so. I massage them with bio-oil and vitamin e oil often so that helps them heal and get nice and stretchy.

My ears used to be at 0g, but then I took them out because one ear had a blow out. Then after 6 months of wearing no earrings what so ever, I'm at 6g in my right ear and 10g in my left.

20. As you're worried about the pain and say it's just to change things up I'm suggesting you really think about how bad you want to do it, as body modification can be irreversible. That being said, gauges are awesome and if you do it right, won't hurt much at all. Make sure to size up properly, careful not to skip sizes. Make sure to wait 2-3 weeks before sizing up each time. A hot shower and lubricant will make stretching much easier.