Gauges?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Ilovejane, May 27, 2012.

1. Hey blades in these past 3 years I've started seeing so many people with gauges. Maybe it's, just here in Cali but do any of you guys wear them cause most people who have them are stoners. Personally I don't want big holes in my ears but what about you guys? Do any of you have gauges or see how they're growing in popularity?

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not my style I guess.
    A buddy of mine used to keep his things in his gauges. (hash,unmentionables)

3. #3 Tosh., May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    Iv got some gauges. Size 2, but i prolly wont go any bigger than a 0. I just like my gauges because they're blue. Ill prolly keep em in forever. Unforunatley you have to live with the smell, becuae they usually smell like rotten flesh unless you clean them everyday.

this is how big mine are.
    [​IMG]

but damn you can blow out your ear by stretching to fast.
    [​IMG]

4. Me gusta that girl :eek:

I used to have one of my ears at 2inches (I was catching the other one up) but now theyre both an inch.

I did it because I liked the way it looked, and Ive never been one for letting peoples opinions stop me from doing something. "Oh you think its ugly? Well I dont and its my body" But Im stubborn so I digress.

5. Those huge ass things look stupid as hell and nasty too. I'm in Chicago and there are tons of people with them. Although, I've noticed the people who have them are strictly white. Never black or Mexican or Asian.

But yeah, they look nasty. If I was going to get some I'd get the very smallest size

6. I met this girl. Great personality, fun girl, woke up to this horrible smell. Asked her what the smell was. "Ohh, it's only my gauges." I will stick with ink and designs.

7. I dont have gauges, but enjoy running around putting padlocks on them

8. Yea thats called ear funk.

It can be completely avoided by wearing organic earrings (wood, bone, or stone)

9. [quote name='"LuxTenebris"']

Yea thats called ear funk.

It can be completely avoided by wearing organic earrings (wood, bone, or stone)[/quote]

Gross, I'm eating potato salad and it's reminding me of ear funk

10. i dont have any but one of my best friends do. idk i dont want holes in my ears but thats just me

11. Same for me :D

I was like gauges thinking of car oil and turbo gauges, we call them tunnels.

I don't mind them if a bro or a chick has them, but I wouldn't get them myself I couldn't rock that style

12. No offense but if someone even tried to put a padlock on my ear I would knock them the hell out, and im normally a passive guy. I personally have a what I think is modest, 00g holes in my ears. I normally wear silicon tunnels in my piercings and keep them very clean, so there is never any smell. I stretched mine out because I liked the look of them, a few years later I started noticing a lot more people with them.

13. I wear 00s.

I don't understand people who stretch their lobes but don't wash them daily. There should NEVER be any ear funk, despite what kind of material you choose to wear.

I shower daily, so my tunnels get removed daily to be washed, along with my lobes. Ear funk is the nastiest shit ever. If I could ever smell it on someone I'd rip their piercings out. That's just dirty as hell.

14. both of muh lobes are at an inch and muh septums at an 8. Your ears wont smell if u take ur plugs out before goin to sleep. Theres no good reason for ur plugs to stink...with ur lazy ass:cool:

15. I'll say it one time, and one time only..PLUGS.

16. Yeah what about them?

17. There's two mexican guys that have stretched ears where I work. There's probably a lot more (I work for a pretty big factory) but I see those two guys every day. One has his ears stretched to maybe 00g, the other looks like 1/2" or maybe 9/16".

I don't like when people get to the bigger sizes, like 1" and up. It definitely depends on the person (I know a guy with 2" plugs that pulls if off well), but I think it often times just looks awkward. Tunnels at those larger sizes just look weird too, IMO. I'm currently at 0g. Few more weeks and I'll stretch to 00g, probably sit there for a while. I don't think I'd ever go bigger than 3/4", doubt I'd even go that big.

18. I have inch plugs in both ears. Among other piercings. and if you actually wash them when you bathe every day they never smell... if they smell. you're doing something wrong. haha... hate to say it.

[​IMG]

19. It looks gross when the lobes are stretched to a high gauge. They can look cool with sizes around 0 or 2 gauge. My bf has them his look pretty cool. But they aren't for me I would not want to destroy my earlobes for a trend.