Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

gateway theory

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ChronBong, Aug 10, 2011.

1. its not smoking weed that leads to other drugs,
    its running out of weed that leads you to other drugs. lol

2. Have you actually given them a list? Does your dad like baseball? Tim Lincecum. Is he a democrat or republican? Pick a few of whichever and point them out. Get a small list of people you know your parents would like, and ask if marijuana has hindered their success, or led them to harder drugs.
    There are plenty of "Famous people who use marijuana" lists available online.
    ----------------
    If all else fails, try this. Ask your parents how long it would take you going w/o marijuana to prove to them that it's not an addiction and it will not control your life. A month maybe? Two months? Get a drug test kit and go that long w/o. It's really no big deal and it would be nice to prove it to them.

3. i couldve said that to them and the arguement wouldnt have escalated as much as it did but i told them i wasnt going to lie to them and say that i stopped and then do it behind their back. so i told them the truth that i was going to keep doing it. i could just tell them i quit just so theyd stop worrying though, but i think i did the right thing.

4. Alright, but don't say I didn't try.:cool:

5. Last time I checked little kids fiend for sugar worse then a junkie does for herion.. So in theroy sugar and caffine are gateway drugs.

6. I totally agree that this the gateway theory is bullshit, but insulting his parents will not help him educate them. "It is easier to catch a fly with honey than vinegar ."

7. i didnt realize the bottom part. i thought it was a quote at first but this is a very good idea! ill bring it up to them.

8. #28 Rasta Haze, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    As a result of being quoted while referring to Ron Paul on here, I'd like to call myself to the stand... @ 1:18 PM.

My initial upper post referring to their brainwashing via laws rooted in racism in the early 1900s against Mexican immigrants, as well as again via Nixon and his counter-culture revolution so sublime shadowed in his nut swinging "War on Drugs" is ignored because I made a sarcastic scenario?

Edit: Don't even get me started on Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" shenanigans. My point was that they buy into the propaganda of our government, and that's more wrong than him smoking a plant that 90 years ago was NOT illegal. A plant used in Eastern medicine for thousands of years.

Mom and dad call it a drug. Would they have called it a drug in 1856? No. Why do they? Because Mexicans brought it with them, around 1917 it was illegal because the government watched their habits and made it illegal as a slap in the face.

Nixon did the same thing, watching the hippies who marched on Washington in revolt, who were doing what? Smoking weed.

Do I think they are lame for buying into this? YES. Was the scenario real? No. It was sarcasm on alleged people who 'care for you' and don't want you doing the *cough* alleged 'drugs'.

/explanation.

9. Chances are your parents drink alcohol? Call them alcoholics

10. No, just because you smoke doesn't mean it MAKES you do other drugs. Dealers push harder shit onto many people, and its just personal decisions.

11. I'm sorry that I take matters of respect seriously and am tired of stoner bullshit.

12. I tried shrooms, nothing more than that though. I wanted to compare the high to weed.

Definitely like weed better, it makes my mind work

13. I tried harder drugs before I tried weed

14. Marijuana is a gateway drug because to get it you go to a dealer and the same percentage of marijuana smokers that go on to harder drugs matches the percentage of dealers that sell other drugs.

Also there only harming them selves by being really ignorant, just ignore them.

15. I ate a sandwich before I smoked pot.

Sandwiches are gateway drugs.

16. You're on a stoner forum numb nuts. If you feel like Deputy Do-Right because it gets you torqued, by all means. But your immediate lashing out because you found some random dudes post on the Internet (which was sarcasm) offensive.... Well then you're really just a douche. The adult thing to do would be to ignore it.

You feeling awesome about your posts yet Chachi?

17. jesus christ shut the fuck up all of you.. you can't call him out for not ignoring it if you aren't either... just get on with your lives

18. Damn, you have hands.

Make a fist, Throw fist at dad's face. ???????? profit?

19. if u do drugs it was your choice your decision....if there is gateway alcohol