Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by basscamel 420, Nov 6, 2011.

1. So I know all of you have heard that marijuana is a gateway drug. In my opinion that's total bullshit. So here's my question to you guys.. Why do they say weed is the gateway drug and not alcohol? I'm asking this because I know I got drunk long before I started smoking buds. As a little kid I'm sure you stole a beer from your parents or they might of even gave you one. So basically what I'm saying is that most people try alcohol before anything else but why dose ever one blame pot as the gateway drug? Alcohol is just as much a drug as pot but yet it's not blamed for the worlds hard drug abuse.

I believe it's because alcohol is legal for you to buy and the government doesn't wanna blame the substance abuse problem on something you can walk into a gas station and buy.

Am I right or am I just crazy? What do you guys think about this? Please share your opinions..

2. Weed is a gateway drug...
    Gateway to meh kitchen xD

• Like Like x 2
  3. not only alcohol comes before weed in the "path to heroin/crack" but i am pretty sure most people smoked a cigerette before the herb aswell.

4. [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMaMBy0EzcA"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMaMBy0EzcA[/ame]

5. Caffine is the real gateway drug. Not alcohol not weed not cigarettes CAFFINE. kids start drinking soda at like 2 or 3 now a days....

• Like Like x 1
  6. [quote name='"freakie"']Caffine is the real gateway drug. Not alcohol not weed not cigarettes CAFFINE. kids start drinking soda at like 2 or 3 now a days....[/quote]

Very good point my friend.. I didn't think about that

7. Yep, the first thing I ever did to feel the hook was cigarettes....

8. Check out norml's website - FAQ

9. the only reason its a gateway drug is because our stupid government made it a gateway drug. think about it, 95 percent of people wouldnt put alcohol in the same catagory as meth or heroin or coke. why? cause its legal, many people dont even consider it a drug. weed on the other hands always put in that catagory. it all leads back to the goverment. think about this. where do you have to go to get your weed? a dealer. sometimes that dealer might have harder shit. people might think hey, weeds illegal, its a schedule 1 drug, and its not bad for me. maybe coke wont be either? all in all the only reason its a gateway drug is because of the society we live in. which can be 100% blamed on stupid government decisions

10. Life is a gateway, it's your own decision on what you do when you enter.

11. That was poetic:cool:

12. If they legalize marijuana what are the going to blame for hard drug use then? Unfit mothers? SUVs? Left handed people? The list could go on!

13. Mormons

...Just saying.

14. I totally agree with you dude.

Alcohol is definitely more of a problem and often leads to other shit.

Most people who smoke weed all they wanna do is chill and eat some pizza.

15. and listen to bob marley :D

16. i dunno man, i know a few people (including myself) who tried weed before ANYTHING else.... just the propaganda slowly fading away man, you'l see.

17. when people get older (college) i would agree and say it is a gateway drug. Thats the only reason why its bad. But it also depends on the person. But i do somewhat agree it is a gateway drug, but thats only me

But for me its a gateway to my kitchen

18. Weed is a gateway drug. Caffeine doesn't get you high. Nicotine may get you buzzed, but not high. If a plant can get you "high" who's to say that white powder won't?

I think saying weed isn't a gateway is stupid. How many people have done drugs beside weed? (Don't even bother telling me weed isn't a drug) Did you trip shrooms or acid before you ever smoked weed? Yeah-didn't think so.

I know this from experience, just saying.

19. I started with alcohol. I then moved onto weed then cigs. I can say for sure that I would not have have started smoking weed if I did had not started drinking and I would not have started smoking cigs if I didn't smoke weed. I guess my point is they are both gateway drugs.

20. #20 FaKinSuPah, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
    I know people that don't smoke weed and did harder drugs
    I know people that smoke weed and didn't try anything else (I'm part of it)
    I know people that haven't touched anything illegal

Also tried weed before anything else, alcohol tobacco

To answer the question, once you touch anything your parents would call "bad" wether it is alcohol, pot, cigarettes or anything else, I think you don't care about touching more, so anything is a gateway to everything else