Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

gateway drug.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by asdf0123, Sep 6, 2010.

1. what do you guys think of weed being commonly referred to as a gateway drug?

do you guys think there's a likely chance that pot users would progress to a hard drug?

i want to hear your opinions.

oh & sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.. i'm mad lazy right now. :rolleyes:

2. no its not ive never done anytihng else.. i just got really bored and started burning things.. started with a candle then moved onto my remote... then i put it out.. hahha

3. It's bullshit. Alcohol, tobacco, and caffiene are all drugs too. If anythong those are the gateway drugs.

4. Sure, and bread is the gateway to pedophilia as 99% of pedofiles eat bread

5. People adamantly state that it isn't a gateway drug. But who cares? What does "gateway" drug even mean anyway? It's not like this can be measured scientifically. It's a matter of opinion.

The first time I did anything, I smoked weed. Shortly after that I tried both acid and shrooms. So I don't get why it's such a big deal.

Do people just try to argue that it isn't a gateway drug so that it helps them in their argument for pot legalization?

6. It just all comes down to a personal decision, whether or not to try other things. Using terms like "gateway drug" just adds to the misunderstanding of marijuana use.

That being said, Ive done a lot of drugs. I like to try new things

7. Bingo.

8. Because almost all "hard drug" users started out smoking weed. Think about it, do you know anyone that has gone from a completely drug free life to smoking crack? No. They smoke weed, then maybe try E, then a key bump of cocaine etc.

It's just a statistic that has been quoted and re-quoted over and over and over again. It's ridiculous.

9. right after i took my first hit of weed i started freebasing and having unprotected sex(which could be considered a drug).
    BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!

10. It was never YOUR decision. It only gave you the illusion that it was your decision! Marihuana FORCED you to do those things but as it kills your soul, you dont realize what is actually happening

11. Oh shit.. :hide:

12. OH snap!
    bind = blown

13. I don't know if it's a gateway drug but for some people when they hang around those that do enjoy the occasional smoke they may meet others who are in to some of the harder substances. Whether or not said person decides to try the substance is their own personal decision. No one forces you to try thing we all make those decisions for ourselves.

14. Yeah I remember when milk lead me to apple juice then to cranberry then shit just went downhill from there:rolleyes:

15. Using weed normally means buying weed. And buying weed, normally introduces you to a drug dealer. At this point you are accustomed to "scoring drugs", and you may think, hey weed was cool maybe coke is cool, maybe E is cool, maybe hallucinogens are cool? And at this point you have already been introduced to buying drugs off people. The people you are around often prob also smoke weed, and may try other drugs, thus you may try other drugs..

But as said above, it really depends if you want to try other drugs..

16. marijuana is a gateway to terrorism. you hit the bowl, you join alqaida.....simple as that

thats why the government keeps it illegal, think about it! :eek:

17. Life is a gateway drug.

Cooincidentally it's also the leading cause of death. Studies show that life leads to death 100% of the time. We should make it illegal.

18. #18 RunUrAss, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    the gateway theory's been around since the beginning of prohibition in 1937. It scared alot of Americans into never trying it and was instantly vilified. The generation of Americans at the time were later described as the greatest generation in America's history. They managed to get through the Great Depression in the 20's and survived 2 World Wars. The children growing up in the 60's viewed their parents as "heros", government was a social institution that was viewed as having truth to it. So it wasn't until the resurfacing of marijuana creeping it's way back into society and experimented by the youth of the 60's was when they experienced the credibility gap. All of a sudden there was an outlash when the youth's saw marijuana as a harmless drug and their parents as well as government lied to them about drugs and the "successful" advances the armed forces is making in the Vietnam War, hence leading into harder drugs (which was never very well documented if abused) and riots/protests to stop the war in Vietnam. Drug use continued to rise in the 70's but unlike the 60's where the youth felt the need to expand their minds and have peace, the 70's were all about getting stoned. Nixon took over office and saw that drugs that the men and women were being exposed to in Vietnam was detrimental to the success of the Vietnam campaign. So he decided to reinforce the war on drugs and harshen the penalties if caught with drugs in America. Obviously didn't work because people loved the weed and coke. It was a time in our history where not only marijuana but cocaine as well was so close to becoming legalized because of the growing subculture. then the 80's came around and with the combination of the Reagan administrations (just say no campaign), the free basing of cocaine turning it into crack, and the now many years of American's abusing cocaine after effects, cocaine and marijuana remained illegal (there are still many many conspiracy's as to why marijuana is remained illegal ie. prison system's, our economy ultimately crashing) If you foward up to today, it's hard to imagine a plant managed to kill 28,000 Mexican's alone last year due to illegality of it runned by the Mexican drug cartels. Not to mention Columbia and Brazil's cocaine industry problems. All in all, gateway theory is bogus. The credibility gap is what caused the drug abuse and reinforced the gateway theory. Sorry for the history lesson. I'm baked right now LOL

19. Weed isn't a gateway drug its the people who you hang out with who make you try other things. If your a solo smoker and very few people know you smoke chances are you won't try other things, but if your one of those people who hang out with people who are off doing whatever else most likely you'll end up trying it with them and might get addicted to something.

20. Before weed
    [​IMG]

After weed the floodgates opened I tried so many drugs. look at me now. I fucking changed genders too
    [​IMG]