gateway drug?

Discussion in 'General' started by PorchMonky4Life, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Who here would say weed is a gateway drug?

They always say it in the text books and movies you see in health class, but who here would say it was?

I know, I know, no toker with any sense would say yes it is, but I have done many drugs that I wouldn't have done before weed. I would say I wouldn't do other drugs like coke when I was smokin, but then the more I smoked, the more I wanted to do other drugs, and then I eventually did them....I guess I could say weed was a gateway drug for me....

would anyone else say this to?

2. not for me and that's all that matters to me to justify my smoking.

3. i dont believe that its a gateway drug. i think that the real gateway drug is tobacco. most kids today try smoking ciggs before they smoke reefer. i know when i first smoked, i did ciggs first, then cigars then blunts. and most of the people i chill with were the same way when they were growing up and starting to do drugs.

4. i dunno, i never intended to smoke weed, i always said it was bad, then we started gettin broke n i didnt get money to go out n have fun as much so i wanted to sell bud to get money n i ended up smokin and within a month i was all about doin everything haha, i was ilke "wow this is fuckin awesome, way better than bein drunk, i wonder how awesome everything else is"

5. There is a thread about this every month and i always type the same thing. I'm getting sick of explaining it, so in short:

No. not a gateway drug.

6. First got introduced to pot 6 months ago. Fell in love with it. I thought it was so much better than getting drunk every other night, and a lot healthier for you too. I haven't tried any other drugs, but the excitement I got from realizing how much better pot was, makes me want to try other drugs to see how the high is.

I can say this: I would never be thinking about expirementing with other drugs if I hadn't first smoked pot.

7. Definitely gateway....

I went from weed, then pills, shrooms, and i just bought a $20 bag of yay :rolleyes:

8. yea u kno ima actually have to agree with ya there. i always argued that it wasnt but when i look at it it kinda is. not to the full extent that parents make it out to be, not like "if u smoke pot u will move on to harder drugs" but i gotta say i wanna do alot more drugs than before i started smokin pot, but maybe thats cause im more educated about them. dunno

9. couldnt have said it better myself.. +rep

10. i dont think its a gateway drug at all. In fact it made me get more educated on everything i put in my body than before. And its not that weed doesnt do it for me its just that im always down to try almost everything once, cuz in my eyes you live once, why not atleast try most things.