gasoline prices around the world

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by myrrhlynn, May 9, 2022.

1. world gas prices.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. #2 myrrhlynn, May 9, 2022
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Big Battery will eventually rob us just as bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raw materials are the Achilles heel of this industry.

This decades' big battery = betamax or MiniDisc

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I live 3 miles from work and I'm a hermit. I'm good.

My jeep eats about 13 miles per gallon, but I'm good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. in 33 years of being employed, i never lived more than 5 miles from where i worked, though i used to work with people who drover more than an hour each way. now that i'm retired i fill my tank about once every other month. senior bus fare is $1.25 which gets me downtown and there are about a dozen places i can grab a beer within walking distance. ... i'm good, too.

7. not likely... gas is based on only one thing... crude oil. oil will not last forever and oil companies are well aware of that. alternate technology for electric or hydrogen driven cars will not be able to exploit that sort of monopoly.

8. Gas is near $6 a gallon here and people barely bat an eye..
    Crazy.

Thinking about getting a motorcycle for worm. Maybe a 600cc ninja or something.

9. Weather YOU, I, or our MOTHERS drive anywhere don't mater. FUEL (gas,deisiel ect...) is the DRIVING FACTOR of all goods and materials delivered for everyday objects. THAT is what matters. NOT INDIVIDUAL USE but the use to move PRODUCT.... it costs more we PAY MORE.....

So in Lamens terms everyone should GIVE A FUCK for these unnecessary high gas costs!!!!!

10. BC has the highest gas prices in North America.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Whats that at???

12. $2.10 - 2.20 / litre in Vancouver.

13. Us jeep owners say it's not the miles per gallon,its the smiles per gallon.
    Love my jeep! So do my dogs.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Strange that it's cheaper here considering we import a lot of our petrol from US refineries.

15. I wonder if it's taxed less down there. I know up here the federal, provincial, and municipal taxes add up to ~25% of the cost at the pump.

16. I just filled 2 of my vehicles this morning
    My truck had a little less than a quarter tank it took
    19.068 gallons @ $4.199/gallon cost $80.07
    My daily driver a small SUV had a little less than three quarters of a tank it took
    6.435 gallons @ $ 4.199/gallon cost $ 27.02 for a total on both vehicles of $ 107.09
    Last week gas at that store was $ 3.88/gallon
    That same fill up last week would have cost
    $ 99.18 .
    My feelings on capitalism have changed greatly over the years !

17. While the parallels aren't exactly the same...as long as the Ukraine war doesn't go into 2023 ....the oil prices will follow a similar trajectory to the 09-2011 time frame...

Global slowdown will ease consumption.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 4.30 A gallon in Montana today for regular and diesel is 5.40.

19. I certainly hope you're correct.
    But deep down I think its a little more to all of this that just supply and demand !