Gary johnson for president 2012!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sublimeluvr, Dec 22, 2011.

1. #1 sublimeluvr, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    Gary Johnson,the Libertarian,pro-marijuana, former governor from New Mexico is announcing he is dropping out of the GOP race and running as a Libertarian! If you don't kno who he is please at least check him out and what he is about. I can more fully support Mr Johnson now that he has decided to run as the party he most closely represents!

2. Both! He is the candidate i have agreed with the most. Probably of all time. But America will never elect him because he is too smart and ruffles he the establishment

3. Who are some other candidates running with pro marijuana views?

4. Ron Paul is the only significantly polling candidate that truly believes in the freedom of choice. If it was up to him California would be able to legalize if they wanted to - it's a state's decision and the DEA and Feds have no authority over it!

5. Ron Paul in 2012. Gary Johnson in 2016 and beyond.

6. [quote name='"Salvial"']Ron Paul is the only significantly polling candidate that truly believes in the freedom of choice. If it was up to him California would be able to legalize if they wanted to - it's a state's decision and the DEA and Feds have no authority over it![/quote]

So I should vote for him since he is polling significantly? I am more aligned with Mr Johnson than I am with Mr Paul. I will vote for who I think is the best choice no matter what is happening in the polls

7. You know I was originally going to vote for Gary but the media fucked him hard. The only thing it will do is take away votes from Ron Paul and allow 4 more years of Obama. Sadly Johnson will probably only get 4% of the votes. Everyone I talk to says "I've never heard of Gary Johnson".

8. [quote name='"wanderingway"']You know I was originally going to vote for Gary but the media fucked him hard. The only thing it will do is take away votes from Ron Paul and allow 4 more years of Obama. Sadly Johnson will probably only get 4% of the votes. Everyone I talk to says "I've never heard of Gary Johnson".[/quote]

Never the less I can't bring myself to vote for Mr Paul just because he is doing better in the polls then Mr Johnson when I agree with more of Mr Johnson's politics and in Mr Johnson in general

9. Gary Johnson believes the private prison industry is the way to go. So out of one side he says legalize drugs and on the other he says build private prisons.

Not the right message!

10. ron paul for president 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ^^this is what makes America so great. We are all entitled to our own opinions and I respect that

12. Which policies of Gary Johnson do you agree with that Ron Paul doesn't?

13. I suppose it's not so much policies as it is the the way they present their ideas. IMO Paul seems to speak more from a philosophical point of view and Johnson seems to speak more practical point of view. I don't doubt that either would make a fine POTUS. I just care more about a system that works and less about philosophy. Therefore I feel more comfortable voting for Mr Johnson. I am in no way knocking Mr Paul

14. I think I understand but its kind of weird to throw your vote to a guy, who sadly never had a chance, than to a guy who has the same views as Gary but just speaks differently. I agree that Gary Johnson is more down to earth but Ron Paul is an old timer with much more experience. I really really wish Paul and Johnson would run as a team though. Johnson knows he doesn't have a shot but atleast being a VP will get him known, experience and then could run the following year with the credentials and his name known.

15. I can agree with most of that. I wish Mr Paul luck in gaining the GOP nomination. He is gonna need it since getting the "old republicans" to vote for a libertarian Republican is not going to be easy. He is not like them and they see him as a threat. At least thats how it appears to me