Garry's Mod?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by My Fax, Apr 30, 2008.

1. I've been considering buying The Orange Box for a while now. Reading about Garry's Mod is what really intrigued me.

Do any of you have it? Is it really all that fun?

2. ya its cool-kinda complex to get working-but definitly not as cool as the actuall games-it gets old after a while because things just dont work the way you want them unless your really pashent -but i havent played it that much. good buy tho

3. ^^That was kind of my opinion on it.

Really cool, but I don't know if I'll be able to do exactly what I want, and it'll probably get old after a while.

I think I'll hold off on The Orange Box for a while.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

4. wait wait wait a sec

i was only talking about garrys mod-orange box is great!
    orange box is one of the best deals in like gameing history.

id say get it only if

- youv played and liked HL2
    -enjoy puzzle/platform/action games some times
    -can see your self playing TF2

5. #5 The Green Toker, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Well personally the only computer game I play is garrys mod. I think its a really really fun game while high, because you get to create anything imaginable you want.

But one thing you will want to have is a good gaming pc, because Garrysmod is a sandbox game you can create as big or as complex things your computer can take. This game will really make you mad if you don't have a good enough pc because lagging in this game is like the end of the world. Idk why, just it is.

I think you should really buy the game,though it is getting quite old since garrys mod 11 came out in 07.

6. #6 qwerty1234, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    I say go for it, I think Half Life 2 is awesome, and you can make some rediculous things in Garry's Mod; take a look at this video I found.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6ovaDBiDE"]YouTube - Possibly THE most epic GMod Rube Goldberg video ever created[/ame]

7. I own Garry's Mod, and I enjoy it. I don't play it as often as in the past, but when I did, I'd usually get my brother to play with me and we'd make these massive battle scenes. We also made a flying air boat.

Keep your eye out for the Orange Box, Steam frequently has it on sale. I highly recommend it. Never thought I'd play TF2 like I do when I first got it.