Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Garden Leasing, Scam or Legit?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Filmismylove, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Hey, I moved to Oakland CA where it's medical and very urban. They have these garden plot leases that allow you to get a 4x4 room complete with lights, clones, even a horticulturist if you're too sick to do the work yourself.

Has anyone tried these? Are they worth it?

I'm considering it because I've tried growing on my own before and just got lost in all the details. This seems like it would allow me to start growing ASAP and could be worth not having to buy all the stuff myself.

Members Garden - The Original Collective Gardens

There's also a place, Oaksterdam and some others. They do the teaching, but I don't really want that. Just a spot.

2. I don't know where to post this, if it's in the wrong section I apologize.

3. I am a member of the Oakland Members Garden and think they are the best cooperative garden out there. I have been with a few coop gardens, most of them get closed down due to negligence, but the Members Garden has a large professional network, not just in Oakland, and as far as I see have a good reputation and have never had any issues that I know about. I have only been with them for about 8-9 months, will have some meds coming down to me next week ::hello:. and cannot think of anything negative to say about them. They are also very helpful with more variety of meds then most dispensaries have.

At the same time, you cannot compare what you get from them to what you get from the dispensary. It is fresh, clean, and some of the very best meds I have ever had. I my mind I have my own private grower growing for me, and never run out of meds as I did before when I was buying from the dispensary. No more of that shitty popcorn buds!
    But overall its the price that brought me in. I am constantly getting nearly 3lbs every couple of months, and only cost me $800 :smoking:

Good luck.

Jason

4. Also, I took a few classes at Oaksterdam, which was fine and very educational, but did not give me a place to grow. Things may have changed since as this was back in 2009.

Jason

5. I am a "member" of membersgarden and I have been completely and utterly fucked over and ripped off. They were supposed to make delivery last week.. I've had no email response for over a week, the website is shut down and my money is gone..

TOTAL FUCKING SCAM BULLSHIT.. MEMBERSGARDEN IS A FUCKING SCAM!!!!!!

6. I'm glad I didn't do it then. I don't trust anyone who uses drugs anymore. Period.