garbage enzyme question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by closethippie, Jan 4, 2012.

1. So iv started to turn my kitchen waste into enzymes and by adding it to brown sugar and water and letting it ferment for a few months in plastic containers. Can I make the enzymes by brewing it like it was a tea in a bucket with an airstone to speed up the process or would the fermentation not be the same without a sealed container?
    Anyone else making enzymes that have a different process to making it?

2. #2 MI Wolverine, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    One man's enzyme making, is how another man makes wine! You might be making enzymes depending on the fruit or vegetable your fermenting, and any bacteria that survived the alcohol might have enzymes. Is that what your thinking? And once you get enzymes, what Are you going to do with them?
    MIW

3. I can't even imagine what this experiment smells like.

Bokashi anyone?

LD

4. I came across garbage enzymes when I started searching for ways to make nutrients because of the rediculous cost and wtf they really are is retarded.
    That said, I had alreaddy planned to run some tests with a few different aqurium/pond enzymes and the prozyme that I use now to see how they match up I figured I might as well add this in the mix for shits :rolleyes: at worsed its a good laugh for me tossing some stinky shit I made on some plants

5. Prozyme the base culture? Or the human and pet supplement?

LD

6. The $140 a gal humboldt nutrients prozyme.. could it really be that special? It looks and smells like puke

7. closethippie

I looked at this product's MSDS and then went to Humboldt Nutrients web site and there is absolutely nothing approaching information on any level. A lot of dis 'n dat and "You wait and see!" kinda stuff.

Your call

LD

8. Can't be worse than my squid lacto...that shit had the neighbors looking over the fence.

9. Squid?

I'm almost afraid to ask - why is that?

LOL

LD

10. BTW - a full pound of the enzyme that is extracted from green Papaya (Papain) is only $33.00 which is industrial-grade enzymes.

When you go to a crappy steak restaurant like Sizzlers, the meat there is from dairy herds that are no longer productive. But they're old and tough.

No problemo! Just soak those steaks in these enzymes and Viola! Steak dinner for $7.95 and of course you get the salad bar to boot - 'fresh' produce, protected by a sneeze-guard but no problem there because everyone is cocking their head under it to stab the biggest piece of honeydew in the back. Plenty of time to spew any number of viruses, bacteria, etc.

LD

11. Damn that must smell bad.

12. Like the name I was thinking about using to name a strain C.O.M.A.

Crack of My Ass

13. Really doesn't at all. If you look up on garbage enzymes there are people that actually use them for cleaners and airfresheners. It just depends on what is fermenting..
    Anyways does anyone know if I can do this like brewing a tea in a bucket with air stone or will it not work like that?

14. As a group orgainic farmers have little need to buy or make enzymes. Enzymes are a natural part of bacterias and fungi. EWC is full of enzymes as one example. If your wanting homemade nutrients, there are many options. One of the best is dandelions. Throw those babies in a bucket, fill with water, let sit a month, strain and prepare to be amazed......MIW

15. Thank you guys for being constructive and responding!

I do have a plan to move over to the organic side soon & with a twist! my wanting enzymes is very much for hydroponics right now

16. When I dump old mash or wine on my grass it turns yellow , I can't imagine what alcohol would do to a weed plant

17. Vinegar contains Acetic acid. Acetic acid is a herbicide.

Commercial organic herbicides of 20%+ Acetic acid are sold at the local farm stores.

LD

18. You'd water it down to use it on plants ;) if you watered your wine down 10:1 water to wine and that there wine wouldn't do shit to the color of your grass
    People can use garbage enzymes to water plants is what I find on the inernet but haven't known or talked to anyone who has tried it.

There is a lot of shit people use it for I guess! The stuff I have read does say that you are basicly making vinigar or alcohol. Eveything I find on garbage enzymes is the same shit just moved to a different website so I figured id see if anyone here could give me more of. The lowdown on them and if they could be used the same way as the enzymes I use with hydroponics (remove old dead organic matter aka dead roots)

I will do the test just cause I can and will start with the 2-step test to see if enzymes work that I saw on a Canna handout and if it work ill try it in a dwc bucket.

Anyone know if I can brew it like a tea with bucket and airstone? Or does it need to be sealed to ferment??
    Thanks!

19. Tea is aerobic, fermenting is anaerobic...so sealed. You can soak high mineral count plants in already made apple cider vinegar and they will degrade and minerally enrich your vinegar, people have done it for hundreds of years. I'd soak alfalfa, stinging nettle and dandelion in it. I use it with egg shells for a calcium amendment for my plants, once the shells have dissolved into it, it's a clear neutral ph fluid that is very calcium heavy.