Gaming Computer?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by FallenOne, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Hey, could anyone suggest a good build / website that I can buy a custom Gaming PC from?

I am looking to spend between $1,300 - $1,500.

2. Build your own mate, check out my thread "Starting to build a PC".

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. yup building your own is definitely the way to go. I ordered parts from newegg.

4. definitely build your own. i can help you out choose some parts if you want.

5. Unless you are extremely lazy and dimwitted and unable to follow online tutorials and instructions, build your own as others have stated. You can likely build a 1.3 - 1.6k computer that will be able to power through games for the next 3 years or more. At that point you may either have to turn down graphical settings or update your video card.

-Try and fit an Solid State Harddrive (SSD) into your budget
    For 1300 you should have no problem buying a intermediate level processor, likely an i5, and a very nice graphics card. 

6. Get some good ram, a good processor, and a good video card and BOOM. dun.

7. Any computer over $1,000 will play pretty much any game. 

its not just about running the game, its about running it on max settings

also some people want to stream gameplay and if you want to do that at high quality you are gonna need 2 graphics cards

mmmmmm.. that's not necessarily true. that's more dependent on the cpu than the gpu.

10. Streaming would be more down to Broadband speed, RAM & CPU. For that budget I would suggest the following:

Intel Core i5 Processor (You can get a mid-range version and overclock)
    Mid-range motherboard with RAID option.
    128GB SSD for your OS (Operating System) - Intel have just recently release a new range.
    2 x 500GB/1TB Western Digital or Samsung Drives in a RAID 1 Config.
    1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (NVidia)

If you need any help translating any of this and more info let me know. I run my own IT business for home and business users and build PCs and Servers for them also.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Sorry forgot to add 16GB DDR3 RAM (Memory)

12. Okay just had a quick browse. All of this should be within budget and maybe change to spare...

Intel Core i5 3570 3.4GHz Processor
    Asus P8Z77-M 277 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Memory
    OCZ ZT Series 750W Power Supply
    Asus GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    Corsair 128GB Force SSD for OS
    WD 1TB Green Desktop Drive x2 for Data
    LiteOn IHBS112 Internal Blu-Ray Writer
    CoolerMaster Centurion 6 Mid Tower Case

Thoughts anyone? This should suffice your needs though mate.

pretty bad. sorry i don't want to come off as a dick and i know that's what it may sound like but for a gaming build that wouldn't perform too well at that price range. Now something like this would be much better for op's needs and spending range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
    CPU Cooler:  Thermaltake CLW0224 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($110.98 @ Newegg) 
    Motherboard:  Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($205.00 @ Amazon) 
    Memory:  G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($58.50 @ Newegg) 
    Storage:  Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
    Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
    Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
    Case:  NZXT Phantom (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($102.68 @ Amazon) 
    Power Supply:  EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
    Total: $1380.11
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-04 13:43 EDT-0400)

14. @[member="xSadrulesx"] this is assuming the OP doesnt want to buy a new monitor/mouse/keyboard either,

If i were building a new gaming rig I would definitely scoop up a BenQ monitor, but the good ones are pretty pricey.  Once you play on a 120hz monitor there is no going back

15. Sounds good. Why only 8GB? And does that include 2 WD Drives to be in RAID?

Depending upon OPs experience Watercooled might not be too good - I leak and it is finished.

My spec came in alot less than that price wise - sorry from UK so pricing is different.

there's room in the budget for a monitor. he didn't say but i was going to ask him next time he posted, there's always ways to bring the cost of the build down.

17. There was actually a mispriced 250GB ssd from samsung on amazon for a few days last week. It was 60 bucks until they fixed it... too bad OP wasn't building his PC then he could have gotten an amazing piece of hardware and saved 200+ bucks

8gb will be more enough for gaming for a while. shit most games still only recommend 4gb or less. No he doesn't have to set up his drives in RAID an ssd for the os and his games and a 1tb drive for mass storage is a nice setup, he doesn't need more for a gaming build.

The cpu cooler is an AIO, basically it comes with the liquid in the cooler already all you have to do is install the cooler like you would anyother They rarely ever leak and don't require much maintenance what you're thinking of is a custom watercooling setup.

Yeah i know it did, but it's still not ideal for a gaming build, i'm trying to focus on the most performance for his money.

19. Fair comment on games and cooler. RAID is for failover and if you have the option I would also take it. You don't RAID the SSD only the data drives. Who wanta to loose their data?

i understand that but what i'm getting at is there is just no need for it in this type of machine. The benefits would be limited.