Games and COVID-19?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by AsthmaticStoner, Apr 18, 2020.

1. So I've noticed a spike in online players on a few of my older/dying pc games. Normally there's about 60-100 on a good day. Now during the pandemic I've seen steady 150-170 online every hour.

What games have y'all been indulging in during the pandemic? Any old games you've noticed had a huge increase of online players that you believe is the result of COVID-19?

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Been checking the number for MechwarriorOnline and it's up from the previous 6 months. Might log in and see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Currently hooked on call of duty War zone. Like pubg but cod style and much better. Free on Xbox store just now :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wish I had xbox lol

5. its free on all systems.

play station, xbox, PC

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yessir lol Halo an Gears of War has a lot...Also Left 4 Dead.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. My lady and I have played L4D a few times

• Winner Winner x 2

8. Lol nice you like that Game or nah?

Me an my Husband be playing a lot of Games but we do a lot old ones like on N-464 an Super NES an X-Box 360 lol PS2 an such.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. When L4D first came out I played it a lot with friends. But it still has replayability and it's nice to play together.

We also play older games such as Super Mario World, Dark Alliance, Gauntlet. Right now we have Demon Souls in the disc tray. Playing together... Sort of lol. Shes been playing it more than I have. I die one time and give up

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Been playing old games again but getting back into solo. (Having a break from warzone lol)
    I just finished xcom again. Downloaded and installed xcom2 and today I hear xcom 3 coming out next week and for only £8.50. So happy days..

• Like Like x 2
  11. I've been buying and playing so many games recently since this damn COVID-19 is destroying society. STEAM's massive Summer Sale ends this coming Thursday at 10am PDT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My fav stoned game of all time (and something I am playing heaps of right now) is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ... and oh lord, if you haven't played this game yet, you are in for a serious treat.

So I have two rules: I'm not allowed to play this game unless I smoke a bowl, and my Switch has to be pushed to my TV. When I first started playing it super high it was almost like an acid trip. A lot of times it still gets me good. My tip on the mirror and 200cc leagues is to use one of the baby characters. Baby Mario is my go-to for high acceleration and sharp turns.

Bonus tip: if you really want to trip out, watch your replays after a good race and use the slow motion function ... the audio alone will fuck with you, almost like you're walking on a tight rope between the physical and spirit dimensions. Sometimes scares the shit out of me and I have to revert to normal speed. Don't look down and be careful out there!