Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by misha_val, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ummm when did Tyrion ever give any one a blow job?

Sure he got a couple and slept with whores.... but there wasn't a part with him blowing people?

And it's not a little too "hbo" for its own good. In the book there is actually more violence and a lot more sex than what HBO shows.

2. Lol at people thinking HBO put all the blood tits and betrayal in Game of Thrones.

For once its actually the other way around. That shit was in the source material long before the horny motherfuckers at HBO got their hands on it.

3. I will give it another chance.

I never thought HBO could make a fantasy novel show--didn't register with me.

4. Dude, This show is so freaking good. I HATE those damn LANISTERS! Accept the imp dude, he's cool as hell. This is definitely one of the best shows Ive watched in a long time.... Was not at all expecting what happened to Sean Bean in the end. Damn yo.

THE KING OF THE NORTH! XD

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66PDW1Mjf8]Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Power And Grace" Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Cant fucking wait.

6. Siiick.

Insane to think I was reading these books years ago. The first season absolutely blew all my expectations away, so can't wait for the next season considering just how much shit really kicks off in the second book.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak]Game Of Thrones Season 2: "Seven Devils" - YouTube[/ame]

Great to see the show getting more people into reading the books.

8. I listen to the theme song on repeat. Not afraid to admit it.

It's the best show on tv, hands down. Fucking amazing.

9. no fucking way! same here lol

10. Just finished Episode 5 on my first rewatch. Also just started the books over again.

11. Just watched the whole first season in three days. Cant believe I slept on this series..... April 1st comes season 2 and it looks great!!!! Dissapointed I didnt see too much of the "Whitewalkers" in season 1

12. Yeah everyone should be watching this. The more people that do the longer HBO will probably run the show. Supposedly Book 3 will be split into 2 seasons, and we all know where that will probably end.

RED WEDDING

13. I have no clue, because I haven't read the books. Yet.

14. You only truly know how epic this series is gonna be in the seasons to come IF you have read the books.

READ EM!

15. #36 Tuor, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [​IMG]

you realise that it's inspired by and in every possible way a brazen ripoff of LoTR, right?

They even cast the dude who played Boromir :laughing:

The author even uses 'R.R' in his name :laughing:

have you ever read Tolkien? Show me a child who reads his shit

:laughing:

16. Yes because everything and anything with dragons, swords, and people wearing fur clothing is a blatant and undeniable rip off of Lord of the Rings :rolleyes:

I guess Skryim is a rip off of Lord of the Rings too. :laughing:

Apparently all of Sean Beans work is in violation of copyright infringement.

17. Can't wait to watch season 2 on my brand new TV. It looked amazing on my old TV, and that was a 7 year old DLP with a dying bulb. The sets and landscapes in this show are incredible. Makes me feel like i'm there.

It's going to be epicccccccccccccccc!!!!111

18. They shot in Iceland and Croatia for season 2 for some new landscapes.

19. Inspired yes. is the series an homage to Lotr and Tolkien? Yes, like most modern family is.

Is it a "brazen ripoff"? No

The plot is different, the writing style is completely different........ I don't remember reading the part in lord of the rings where Elves were butchering people, or the rangers were having orgies.

Saying George RR Martin is a "ripoff" of Tolkien is just bullshit. I'm sure George RR martin would tell you he's a fan of Tolkien, I'm sure he'd tell you he was inspired by the series.... as many modern fantasy writers are.

But if you've read the series, then you'd know it's nothing like Lord of the Rings or Tolkien.