Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by misha_val, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I finally decided to get into Game of Thrones and holy shit so glad I did! I've watched 7 episodes over the last two days and have three more to watch today. Having never read the books I didn't have any idea of what to expect but I'd say it's one of the best shows I've seen (just below Mad Men and Breaking bad). It j draws you in with it's great cinematography, acting and story. If you haven't gotten around to watching this grab the torrent, a couple tokes and immerse yourself. It's like a Lord of the Rings for adults.

2. hell yeah this show is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t its a must watch:smoke:

3. On a scale of 9 to 10 how much do you hate Joffrey.

4. 11....cant wait for the return...sometime in April...HBO shows rock.

5. tbh I've been meaning to watch it for a while.

6. I also took a while to start watching it, but once I did I was absolutely hooked. The show is one of those where you get more and more immersed in the universe with each episode. That one scene at the end of one episode made me scream "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" because I hadn't read the books and didn't realize a certain something would be happening.

Holy crap, I want to freaking pummel that kid. What a complete tool.

This show definitely filled the void that was left after "The Sopranos" ended for me. Some other dramas are good and compelling (like The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, Dexter...and two cancelled shows in Terriers and Lights Out) but none had sucked me in nearly as much as GOT.

7. The books have so much more stuff that happens in them, on the show they sip a lot of important show, the books make you feel like you really know the characters.

8. You should read the books, they are FREAKING AWESOME, and long. Did I mention LONG? I mean I'm a fast reader, but I read in spurts because it's so damn long.

But not boring, no never boring.

9. I can't wait until the next season! Can't believe she has dragon blood!

10. Bump this thread man. God, I just got through watching the last episode and it was mind blowing.. Can't wait to watch the 2nd season.

11. I can't wait till they return with the new season!

12. Since the second season is based on the second book, which I"m just now finishing, I can say this: there should be some REALLY nasty battles this year. And a couple of really trippy episodes...

BUT if you're looking forward to Danrys to fight for the Iron Throne, you're gonna be waiting a while.

13. Lol is that little bastard who sits on the throne now going to get beheaded? I was VERY surprised when he ordered the head of the Hand of the King.. He was the main character lol.

Also, what will happen to his youngest daughter? What will the dragon girl do? Spoil the beans man!!

14. "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors"

I can't wait for season two and to get season one on blue ray.

I just finished reading all of the published books a few months ago. Great book series. Fantastic.

I was suprised to find that a lot of the witty dialogue from the show is actually from the book. And the book is filled with even more sex and violence.

I guess you could say in Game of Thrones there is no "main character" The main character is the world the series is set in. No character is safe, they can go at any time. Which keeps you on your toes.

Dont want to post spoilers here, But Joffery eventually gets what is coming to him.... though you might have to wait awhile.

Aria... the youngest daughter becomes a lot more bad ass. And you get to see Dragons grow up...

15. Very nice

16. [quote name='"bwood"']On a scale of 9 to 10 how much do you hate Joffrey.[/quote]

Lmfao. Kid is such a douche.

I Felt like he was going to kill Ned anyway, but it was sad to see. I saw him as the main character up until then.

The daughter is still with him too, I thought she was going to kill herself and Joffrey on the balcony but she didn't.

And the dragon girl is awesome. I liked her part of the story. Except when she ate that heart, that was gross. Her emerging with the dragons out of the fire on the last episode gave me some serious goosebumps. Definitely watching season two.

It's a pretty good show, I got a little lost on characters though, not entirely sure about who or what everyones motives are.

17. So stoked for season 2!!

18. Can't wait. If the show stays true to the books, and I'm sure it will stay pretty spot on, then the next series is when shit starts to really ramp up and get bloody.

19. I cannot wait for Season 2...luckily I can kill the time by watching Season 1 AGAIN.

20. I kinda left it at the part with Dwarven blowjobs.

I used to be a hardcore WoW fan, and seeing dwarves give people blow jobs is a little disturbing to say the least.

A little too "HBO" for its own good, but maybe I need to give it another chance.