Gained weight for the first time in 3 years...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by SeventhTrumpet, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Ok, so I'm 5'5 and 112. I'm a short, skinny dude and I love it... but I'm pretty sure all my late night munching out when I'm high has caused me to gain a few more pounds, I can definitely see it. I'm 19 now and this is the first time I've been more than 8 stone, ever.

So what exercises would help to keep my weight at 8 stone? Just to be clear, I don't want to gain muscle, I don't wanna be ripped. Cheers x

2. whats this stone thing you speak of?

3. That's why I put 112, for my non-british peeps.

4. 1 stone = 14 lbs

@OP: Maybe you should just do some cardio to prevent fat build-up? If you don't want to gain weight/muscle like you said then lifting is probably out of the question. Also, try to eat healthier snacks when you do get the munchies (try to have lots of fruit and vegetables).

5. Sweetie, it is likely more WHAT you are eating, rather than just the fact that you have the munchies!

My field of employment is in education, and a few years back, I made this to explain to the kids why eating junk food made them fat. Apples are liked by kids and made a simple and understandable comparison of caloric values.

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)

1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

10 Wheat Thin Crackers.................................................1 apple

The brands and names will be different, but I think you can figure things out.:)

Stop buying junk food! If it's not in the fridge, you won't be eating it. And believe me, a ripe peach or strawberry is far better than a Twinkie- on several levels!

Learn to cook! You know exactly what went into your food and that it is fresh! :D

Learn to read the nutritional labels on your food. Know what those ingredients actually are! Some of the stuff in food is very "unfoody"! :eek: Run a search on the last few ingredients, especially. The end ingredients are often the ones you want to avoid the most! :p

Granny :wave:

6. ^^^This

Exactly like she said, you won't eat junk food if you don't have it. Don't shop hungry or high. Try getting creative with your healthy foods; personally I love coming up with new recipes while high.