Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gagging after hit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EazyGrass, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Not a big deal. Just wanna know if others do this and possibly an explanation. Never happens the first couple hits, but eventually while I'm taking the hit I will gag kinda, never actually puke. Just the sensation that I'm about to. Thanks for any feedback.

2. if i take too big of a hit i will cough and gag for a while, and i have gagged on too milky smoke before

3. #3 Dead Silence, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    I sometimes gag halfway through a really milky hit and that is usually followed by tons of coughing.

4. Big hits equal coughing for me, and lots of it. I definitely have gagged before while smoking. Maybe you start to gag because after several hits your throat starts to get irritated. That's happened to me before.

5. I've coughed once to the point of gagging, but I didn't throw up. I just took too big of a hit.

6. Posted about this a week or so ago. It gets bad for me, leads to actually puking alot

7. Try closing your eyes when taking a hit

Omega369

8. Yes! I find that helps alot when taking one back

sent from a phone that hasn't been invented yet

9. happens to me sometimes too. i think its bc i cough so hard and that leads to gagging. 

10. It could be because your taking to big of a hit, My throat gets really dry in the middle of smoking sometimes so I take a sip of some water so I dont gag or anything.

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The smoke irritates your tonsils and the back of your throat, which causes the gag reflex. Its pretty much the same as sticking a finger down your throat. Or deep throating

12. I only gag when Toking on bottom shelf herb. You know that moment when you just have a milked out bong and you rip that hit leaving you with almost a dehabilitating queezy-ness over your body? That's usually when I gag, but I haven't actually thrown up from it.

13. Same as this really, have only ever done it once or twice but usually coughed so hard I was nearly sick.

Have had the gag feeling with cigs though, think the smoke just irritates.

14. i yacked form a hit a few times when i was a youngin LMAO

15. This normally happens to me after I take giant bong rips. The taste of the smoke and tar in my mouth makes me gag and I feel like throwing up. that's why I always make sure I have gum on me while having fat sessions lol

16. yeah that does help