Future Generations

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Bong n a Blintz, Sep 27, 2011.

1. I cant believe that I'm saying this but lately I've begun to feel that corruption in America (all of it, corporate, political, etc.) will not go away until a revolution of sorts takes place. It seems that the way the system is currently set up it would be nearly impossible for us to get someone into office who will really champion our cause. Even if we were able to get people in that could help us it would take years before any of the changes would begin to show, and who knows what other things will be lost while we wait.

However then I consider that a revolution could hardly be the right answer because we would effectively be paralyzing ourselves and opening the country to foreign involvement. This is not the world I want to leave future generations with, but if no answer can be found through diplomacy then what options does that leave us with?

I attempt to think optimistically and believe that as a younger generation begins to occupy the CEO positions in corporations and the Senate and House seats in our Government, that maybe they will bring with them a renewed understanding of the world as we have come to know it today.

Would be really interested to hear peoples theories or elaborations on this...

If thinking about this makes you curious, some books to check out would be:
    The Next 100 Years by George Friedman
    The Next Decade by George Friedman
    2030 by Albert Brooks
    This last one is a novel but a really good read about the possible future direction of America, after a massive earthquake rattles the US :)

2. The next generation won't be brainwashed by religion, brainwashed by "rules" and "regulations".

We are slowly waking up. late 80's early 90's generation was the first to open there eyes. We're starting to wonder why we do what we do.

As a wise man once said " People are so ignorant, you could bottle water and sell it to em'. "

3. #3 Manny Ribera, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    The United States needs to declare bankruptcy. Then we can give Texas back to Mexico, sell Hawaii to the highest bidder and let the 48 remaining states secede to Canada. Fuck it.