Funny thing about shrooms...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by korkow, Aug 17, 2009.

1. I've done shrooms 4 times now, and I always notice something very disturbing when I'm on them. I never talked about it until I tripped with my brother, and he pointed out the same fact... we are made of meat.

For some reason, I always get this overwhelming realization that I am just a hunk of edible, juicy meat. As humans, our brains protect us from remembering that, to make sure we don't eat ourselves. But on mushrooms that rule seems to be overridden, and I often find myself wanting to take a big ol' bite out of my arm or something. We often forget how fragile we really are, that it's actually possible to simply take bites out one's body. I am in no way whatsoever thinking of cannibalism, but mushrooms just seem to make me notice it a LOT.

I know it sounds really messed up, and that's because it is. I'm always incredibly disturbed by that knowledge, and it often leads to a bad trip.

2. thats hilarious! when i trip i always play with my stomach and wonder at the fact that my whole inards are just a few layers of skin and fat away from being on the floor....

3. I think you need to take a break from drugs....

4. Mines kinda the opposite. I start thinking about how much water is actually in our bodies. Not much to the story but theres that.

5. Wow that's creepy...yesterday I was tripping on acid and I kept staring at my legs and hands and I could see all of the veins under my skin.......it's gross but also cool :)

6. On acid I realize how much of a black hole our mouths are. Always consuming, from birth to death.
    And yeah, remembering that I can actually be eaten by shit out there in the world is crazy. Fucking bears and shit, man.

7. When I do shrooms, I realize how amazing my body is. It can take the mushed up food that I swallow, and turn that potato into energy.
    And one recurring thought when I do shrooms is a thought loop about sleep.
    For some reason, my mind gets stuck on "What the fuck does sleep mean?" on shrooms. And then I want to sleep. And then I can't sleep. And then I think "What the fuck does sleep mean?" And then I want to sleep. And then I can't sleep. And then I think "What the fuck does sleep mean?" And then I want to sleep. And then I can't sleep.

8. LMAO i've yet to try shrooms can't wait to actually open my mind.

9. I've thought the same thing. First time I thought about it while on shrooms was when I started to eat pizza.

I've also read other people's posts on GC saying the same thing, they feel like they are just meat.

10. ive found that the psychedelics revert me to a very primal state of mind...
    ive never thought of that
    but i know exactly what your sayin
    when it all comes down to it were all a bunch of conscious animals chillin on a big rock flyin a zillion miles an hour through space

11. LOL It always amazes me that we just shove food into our heads. I first came to this realization when trying to eat a bag of chips.

And the fact that we, ourselves are not in this body. We are our conscious, and use our machines to be able to move around and complete physical tasks. Always trips me the fuck out that I'm riding around in a machine.

And I can't even stand tripping in the city anymore, I get terrible vibes thinking about all the concrete and metal that we've paved and constructed over this green earth. How much the earth is gone completely ass-backwards.

12. I just listen to the pretty colors.

13. this happens to me too!
    it always makes me feel weird while tripping to think about what we've done to the earth & animals that have lived here.
    i also think about the past..like back in roman times..and even beyond that. what would it have felt like to live back then? experience the ancient times..the Egyptians..the Mayans..what about seeing the dinosaurs??..trips me out

14. damm.. i always seem to think that we are walking around a rock thats surrounded by gas. like i just imagine what it would be like if air was colored and that we are constantly breathing it in.. and i think animals are aliens from another planet and they amaze me how completely different they are from us.. and cars and planes are just machines.. that the human mind created.. idk.. the main reason i love mushrooms is because the way they make me think, not just for the visuals..

15. I think you need to stop taking shrooms. If i ever had someone ask me "Have you ever wanted to take a big ol bite out of your arm?" randomly while I'm tripping on shrooms, I think I would have a very bad trip.

16. wtf. lol.
    :smoking:

17. I thought about how good it might be to eat a flavored candle but I didn't lol I was sober though...

18. #18 Funk96, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
    I always think about my lungs.
    Two sacks, that are in my chest, taking in oxygen. The shit I need to stay alive.

It's weeeiiiirrddd...

:wave:

Edit:

The last time I was on mushrooms I deeply thought about vacuum cleaners.
    The actual machine itself and its purpose for some reason seemed soooo funny.

I mean seriously wtf hahaha

[​IMG]

19. sharks dont like human meat for a reason lol.

20. There is not just one reality, but an infinite variation, in one of which you do not exist, and another in which you may be the president, and another in which dinosaurs never went extinct.

Most scientists have tripped balls on drugs of some sort, that's where you get so many insane theories that explain everything so clearly while being so fucked up at the same time. Look up the guy who discovered DNA, he tripped on LSD and came up with the theory as a result.