Funny Fact Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Pinkfloydtoker, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Post your funny facts here.

I've read that only 6% of males over the age of 18 have a penis large enough to require the use of large condoms but about 35% use them.

2. a female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.

see... sex is important/

3. All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20

4. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (I wanna try this)

Los Angeles' full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"

Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.

5. Jesus is the true lord and savior.

6. wow.....ive seen this movie like 29374987109587098745 times and i havent noticed this......damn, and it's like one of my fav movies ever...so shit i feel dumb

.......in Cleveland it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license

7. 83% of all statistics are made up (not this one!)

In Springfield, Illinois, it is against the law to throw a midget without the proper license (true!!!)

8. I call BS

9. Nope, you can read all about it in a Holy Bible!

10. this is not funny stuff but... its useless facts ;)

~62 degrees Fahrenheit is the minimum temperature required for a grasshopper to be able to hop.
    ~An ant can survive for up to two weeks underwater.
    ~Scientists have actually performed brain surgery on cockroaches
    ~Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
    ~All shrimp are born male, but slowly grow into females as they mature.
    ~Studies have shown that pigs are one of the more intelligent animals, surprisingly. They come a close second only to primates. They are so smart, in fact, that they can be trained to do tricks like a dog
    ~The Chinese, in olden days, used marijuana only as a remedy for dysentery
    ~A reward of $1,000 was offered for information leading to the capture and conviction of a man robbing taxi drivers. The man turned himself in and demanded the reward as a result. He received a 20 year sentence for aggravated robbery instead.
    ~A man went in to rob a bank. He demanded the clerk to give him all the money. They told him to go sit out in his car and they would bring him the bags of money. He agreed and went out to his car. In the meantime, the people in the bank called the police. When they got there the man was still sitting in his car waiting for the money and they arrested him.
    ~The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
    ~The giant sequoia, which produces millions of seeds, can take 175 to 200 years to flower. No other organism takes this long to mature sexually.
    ~Lightning keeps plants alive. The intense heat of lightning forces nitrogen in the air to mix with oxygen, forming nitrogen oxides that are soluble in water and fall to the ground in rain. Plants need nitrates to survive, so without lightning, plants could not live.
    ~The bark of a redwood tree is fireproof. Fires that occur in a redwood forest take place inside the trees.

11. lol....shemale shrimp

12. In atlanta, it is illegal to tie a girrafe to a light poll

13. lol bro...i would say that's illegal everywhere in the states(cities)

14. ya considering its probably illegal to even own a giraffe without some sort of permit

15. It's written in the books in atlanta though, most places would be kidna unnecesary.

16. #16 Jaded, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    Canada is an Indian word meaning "Big Village".

It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The
    frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's
    mouth. Then the frog uses it's forearms to dig out all of the stomach's
    contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
    --craazy, eh?

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
    --hahahah. this cracked me up.

17. :eek:
    Its in a book, so it MUST be true!!

18. good one;) for real

19. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

20. i think i heard about that on 'popular mechanics for kids' !!!
    or maybe not... since now that i think about it, why?
    wasn't that show all about trucks and crap?
    ahh, whatever..