Funky Smell During Curing. Mold?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Teddyburr, Dec 1, 2009.

1. I dried my plants out for seven days in a cardboard box in my garage in Arizona. The temps are like 69-53. I had them hanging on a hanger. As the days went by I circulated more air into the box. After that I threw them in a jar to cur. When ever I open up the jar I smell dank weed but its kinda funky smelling. Did my buds not dry all the way? Should I let them dry more? Or is it just how the weed smells in this phase?

Help me out.

Thanks

2. any time you even think you might be smelling mold... it's probably mold..

those temps are a little low for curing... don't quote me on that though... but that may have been the reason they aren't fully dried...

3. I get a funkyass smell during curing that doesn't really resemble weed, but more of a spicy medley of herbs. It's the remaining non psychoactive byproducts that are left in the bud still being released, except now at this point they're left to sit inside the jar until you burp it so it smells much stronger. IMO your plants should be alright, unless you actually see mold forming.