Fungus/Mushrooms sprouting in soil

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SuperPuss, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Greetings all. This morning I noticed I have some mushroom caps sprouting up in my soil. Normally I use FF Ocean Forest, but I didn't have the money to spend on it this grow so I picked up some soil from Wal-Mart.

Any ideas on how to clear out these shrooms as easy as possible. I'm looking for something easy and homemade, but I'm open to suggestions. The soil also seems to be contaminated with some sort of insect as well so any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would just harvest them and eat them.

3. lol...maybe you'll get a surprise! :eek:

4. Perhaps, but I usually try to avoid consuming wild mushrooms when possible.

5. You could leave em there, I dont think the fungus is harmful to your plant. It might even be beneficial to have the fungus there

6. Just pick them and throw em away. That will probably kill them. Make sure you get the root, a firm pluck should do it. As for the bugs, just kill em when you see them. Its my honest opinion that Sam Walton has it out for your plants.

7. Thanks for the ideas. I have to agree about Sam Walton trying to ruin my grow. I did some more research online and came across the suggestion of using a baking soda/water mix on them. I put about a tablespoon of baking soda in a quart of water and sprayed it on the shrooms. They seem to be responding, but they've probably released so many spores by now that there is no way of eliminating them.