Fungus in the Forest.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by TheGreen13, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Yessir. Most of those I took in one day September 3rd I think.

2. Nice. I figured there mostly in the Midwest being that Michiganman finds them as well. Seems like that's where most of the pictures of them are coming from.

3. Quarter for size reference Dryad%202.jpeg

4. Dam. That's cool. Almost has like a Mandella design going on. Lol..

5. Here is one that when broke had a substance like turmeric inside.

One time I saw one that was white and when broke it had a pink fluid like pepto bismol inside.

One of the ones above is yellow that excreted a yellow fluid. So fascinating. IMG_2899-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's crazy what some of them have inside. Like those small ball ones I took a picture of have black inside. We call em shoe shiners. You can polish black shoes with them. Lol

7. Those are edible too, though usually you eat them when they are smaller. They smell like watermelon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's cool. I wish I could get myself to eat wild edible mushrooms. I can't I'm just to paranoid I'd get sick or die. There was a local guy that was a mushroom expert. He would always go out and bring back mushrooms from the woods for his family. He made one wrong mistake and killed his wife. She got violently sick and died. He made it.

9. I didn't think any were actually lethal, perhaps it depends on the persons biochemistry and health.

I only eat the two kinds that are unmistakably identifiable/unique.

Dryad saddle and Morel!

10. Imagine the undiscovered medical benifets some of the substances these mushrooms produce inside them that have yet to be studied or identified.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I honestly dont know. I dont even know what kind she ate. I just know that it happened. It's pretty scary. Either way I'm guessing you can get violently sick on some of them to the point that you would wish that you were dead. Lol..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Theres a lot of videos online exploring the benefits of different substances that the government once told us were bad. Cant really get into the specifics on here. But it's pretty intriguing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I would love to get into mycology, I wonder how well it is funded for researching such compounds. I feel like there are great things to be discovered about them and substances they make.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. There discovering new things all the time. Some that aren't even reported to the public. Unfortunately most research is being over shadowed and controlled by the big Pharmaceutical companies. And if they cant patent something it doesn't reach the public. And you cant patent natural substances and plants. So it doesn't. They'll squash it. Just imagine the breakthroughs they've made over the years and we know nothing about it. I think because of the Medical Marijuana movement times are slowly changing. Theres sort of an uprise against big Pharma. People are finally seeing the truth and seeing through there bull crap. There money making evil empire that doesnt really care about our health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just came across these 3 0828181022.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lol. Just in time before the Lawn mower gets them.

17. All growing in fairy circle areas 0829181951a.jpg 0829181951.jpg 0829181952.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. So cool. That's funny how there growing like that. Haha. I was going to go out in the woods today searching but it was 93 degrees here. I figured I'll wait till it cools down.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Friday its supposed to be 78 here. I'll head up back and see what's around then.