Fungicide on soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Archie oogllee, Aug 18, 2018.

1. I used the garden safe fungicide/ bug killer on my last grow. I'm using Mykos in my soil for the inzane in the membrane that makes a good fungus in the soil. Will a fungicide destroy the beneficial fungus if I spray the top of the soil to kill gnats? I was thinking peroxide, but I don't want to use anything that could harm the bacteria and fungus that's building in the soil. I have pieces of glue traps sitting on the soil to catch bugs and a fan blowing on the soil but I still see a few bugs. What is safe? They are not quite 4 weeks old.

2. Why would you use a fungicide to kill gnats?
    Get some Gnatrol.
    It's an organic larvicide. Safe for beneficial mycos.

3. Thank you. The fungicide I'm using is a 3 way fungicide, insecticide, miticide.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The yellow traps and a strong breeze will keep them in check. I have them all the time and this works for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hydrogen Peroxide kills all fungus, in other word, its not selective in what it will or won't kill when it comes to fungi. If you are doing an organic grow, then look to a biologic that attacks and kills only what you want killed. Like Gnatrol or Microbe Lift BMC. I like Microbe Lift BMC because adult gnats won't lay eggs in soil that has Microbe Lift BMC in it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've got them in ff ocean forest and using the trio with botanicare sweet and terpinator. I haven't fed yet, too early. Mykos might not work with the soil and nutes, but I don't want to take any chances if it does.