fun in the sun, flower question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by myrrhlynn, Aug 16, 2018.

1. 82 days since i planted seeds, 42 more days until 12/12 days. flowers started to appear when daylight passed the 14hr/day mark (27 days ago). outside growing (CA legal) au natural (just watering and feeding general plant food about once every other week), but having a lot of fun watching the growth. seeds were gathered from a recent procurement, so pretty much nothing invested but a few $ for some large pots.

finally got a few good pictures and curious about those white specks on the leaves surrounding the flowers which are hard to pick up without the photo magnification. what is this from(?) is this a way the female flowers hold on to passing pollen from males?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like thricomes to me

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Those are trichomes. That's the little crystals you find on buds that makes them full of THC. You want them to be milky and not clear looking when you harvest.

4. yeah...trichs. she is gonna be frosty when you already have them on your fan leaves...

5. appreciate the info... with flowers as lovely as these, hard to see how anyone can get excited about something as useless as a rose or an orchid.