Fuel Source

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 420smoker, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Ok so today in my Biology class, my teacher lectured today about the situation with the depleting oil around the world. And how it's going to be up to our generation to solve this problem or there could be serious problems throughout the world. So I thought to myself, what if someone figured out a way to use cannabis somehow to fuel cars, that would no doubt solve the problem, but also force the government to legalize it, to some extent.

Now I'm no science wiz, so I thought I'd post this and maybe inspire someone to read this and someday maybe, possibly think of it to and get the job done.

2. They used to use hemp oil in most lanterns back in the day. I think the Model-T ran off of some sort of hemp based fuel. Im not quiet sure about the car fuel, I think I read about it somewhere in The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Im sure its possible but it might not be as efficient as petroleum-based fuel.

3. there is or was a hemp car that had toured for a while promoting the movement. its this new "yellow" idea that scares me. it give the concervatives a way out of the hemp movement.

4. yea, hemp is an alternative fuel source

5. Any type of use vegatable oil can be used to make biodiesel, I don't see why this would not also apply to hemp oil