fuckkkkk i got busted

Discussion in 'General' started by Canned Heat, Feb 4, 2008.

1. So I'm on the street corner and I figure I need to clean out my pipe. I take it out of my pocket and blow it out. I am in the corner and no one can really see me. So I think! A cop car pulls to the curb next to the bus stop that I am standing at. 2 cops get out, shake me down and cuff me and bring me back to the San francisco Police station. I get booked for misdemeanor possession over 28.5 grams. I know I did not have an Oz on me. What Can I do? I also got booked for possession or narcotic paraphernalia. It was in San Francisco and I am a medical marijuana patient. What are my options? Do I need a lawyer?

A close friend was in a similar situation and the judge dismissed his case after he presented his doctor's rec, so I hope I'm not that fucked.

2. Yeah you should be OK. Just get a lawyer anyway, just to be safe.

3. First of all, never do that in public unless you want to risk it, no matter what. That was a dumb move.

Second of all, why were you carrying that much chronic on you?

Third, if you are a med. patient, you shouldn't have any real problems. Do the po-po know you are a medical marijuana patient? Get a lawyer just incase. Check out norml.org if you need to find one in your area.

4. wait wait

i must be missing somthing

5. Ya dude that sucks but just prove your a med patient to them?

Anyways it was a stupid move on your part but FUCK American laws suck :rolleyes:

6. you can get them to pay $ for time lost from work and gas.......i mean if you feel the need.

but i know even if its medical u cant smoke out anywhere man.

even in the island they have respect for those who chose not to smoke

7. Lets figure out where you fucked up. Hmmmmmm....

In all seriousness though you should be fine being a MMJ patient. Hit up Norml and get a lawyer. In the future don't make so many dumb decisions.

8. I know dumb move, but I think they kind of overreacted. I have 2 theories.. they wanted to show their authority in that area or they wanted someone brought in to help the rookie cops. i say that cause there were 2 cops practically being trained when i was getting detained.

i had that amount of bud on me because i was going to a special club where you can smoke and i often trade buds with the people in there. i don't sell, just get different strains that people have picked up.

i think i'll be fine, i got a date with the law in march. what if it is scheduled during school, can i reschedule my court appt?

Thanks gc, you brutally honest motherfuckers :)

9. fuck the police, this shit wouldn't be happening if marijuana was legal, come to think of it, I bet it would. Ya, but you probably shouldn't carry 28.5 grams on you in the first place.

10. If you had your MMJ card on you at the time, I'm pretty sure you could have shown it to them and avoided the whole thing. I don't live in California though so I have no idea. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get the whole thing dropped though.

11. I did have my card and they even verified that I was a patient by calling the doctor. Anyways w/e we'll see how it goes. Most likely community service

12. That's odd. The SF cops usually don't care about paraphenalia and a little bit of bud. If you are a legit MMJ patient then you should have no problems I would assume. Hopefully you can back up your med rec. in court.

13. Shouldn't having a card keep you safe from any charges?

14. word. i was thinking the same thing. SF cops dont really care so i think your trainee theory was correct.

15. You would think that the cops would have bigger fish to fry in such a large city.

16. People blatantly make deals 100 yards from a police station in Golden Gate Park... you really got unlucky.