Fucking god dam spider mites...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Parkoursome, Jan 12, 2013.

1. So I looked really closely at my dirt and saw a bunch of these little guys crawling around... It looks like an early stage of the infestation because all the damge(the white spots they leave) is low on the plant around the stem...'so I read some stuff about pepper and garlic... So I sprinkled some cayenne pepper around the soil and a tiny bit on the leaves... I also chopped up a bunch of garlic and dropped some pieces around the perimeter of the pot... Do you guys think this will harm the plant? I spend about an hour killing the little guys by hand... But it seems like most of them receded into the soil ... So please help! Advice! I'm not an organic only gardener ill use poison!! Just help! :(

2. Here's a picture I took today,

Attached Files:

3. I had it really bad. Nothing worked. Spent 50+ on dr doom foggers, didnt do shit. Tried flushing the plant, soap, nothing still. Finally, i noticed my cats eardrops had a very low pyrethrin content. After watching billy the exterminater one two many times, i added a few drops to some water and sprayed the plant. Voila, gone. Pyrethrin!!!

4. Cause I can tell you right now, I took some spider mites out of my pot and put them in a Petri dish wish pure cayenne pepper.. And garlic. They climbed al over the stuff it did nothing, now when I added habanero sauce they ran away wherever I put a spot in there path and when one stumbled in to it he died right away... But I really don't know how comfortable I would feel dropping pure habanero on my leaves... I like the ear drop idea though could you see them die? Or did they just dissapear

5. So I raided my cabinet ... I have flea and tick drops which contain 40% etopheprox and 3.6%methoprene
    Then I have some Anti bacterial fish cycline which contains tetracycline ... Which is a water solvable anti bacterial pill...

Then I have some hartz flea and tick in a apray bottle
    That has 1% tetrachlorovinphos

6. ill use poison!!

That's too bad; what a shame.

J

7. R u sure they are spider mites and not knats

8. i had a major infestation about 7 months ago. ruined a whole crop. i got rid of them using hot shots no pest strips. however only leave the strips in ur grow room for a couple days. the chemical stunts growth and ruins buds. unfortunately, i left mine in the room in case any of the little mfers were still around. ruined all buds until i got rid of them. could not figure out why my buds were not filling in and finishing. i finally got rid of no pest strips and everything is now fine. also, sns products work. it is rosemary oil. they also have a new product that is mixed with ur water. it is susposed to be something they hate and they will leave. also, use a microscope and make sure they are spider mites. i never saw them in the soil. i only saw them when i noticed the damage to the leaves.

i know this is my first post. i rarely post. however ive been growing longer than some posters have been alive. there are not too many maladies i havnt had. and i have tried just about all known products. when i have a problem, i buy everything.

9. Heres what I used. I mixed about 15 drops with water in a small spray bottle and tediously sprayed each leaf. Now some may say I just sprayed them all off... not true because I tried that with a high powered hose and the came back in 5days.

The ear drops left l slight waxy residue for a week, but completely killed those bastards. And really, I only had to use a few drops to tereat the entire plant.

Heres what I used:

Attached Files:

10. I'm positive they are spider mites... I can see them walking around its not to hard I have excellent vision, even the babies are hard to spot but I can see there little legs

11. Dude I'm just trying to save my bud, If there is an effective pesticide that won't effect the final smoke. Then what the hell?

12. LADYBUGS!!!!

Get some lady bugs, fill your plant area with them and the spider mites will disappear.

I hope I'm not too late.

13. I love the predatory bug idea... Have you guys heard about predatory nematodes? Apparently you can just order them online but what happens when the feast is gone do they just die?

14. #15 freedomisamyth, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    I'm no entomologist, but I'd assume that they'd either die out or move to the next available food source. If they were kept in a smaller enclosed area, like a grow box or cabinet, they'd die off naturally in no time as well as add organic matter to the soil to promote plant health. I remember hearing that a housefly only lives for about 72 hours. I can't imagine a carnivorous bug would live much longer than that without a food source.

Every living thing follows that route. If there's no food then there's no way for life to flourish. This will stop reproduction and the current group will search for food or die off. Seems to make sense.

But I'm just using my own logic. If I'm wrong please tell me. I'd hate to steer anyone wrong due to my own assumptions.

15. #16 freedomisamyth, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    Is there anyone that has experience with this sort of thing? I don't want this to turn into the blind leading the blind.

16. Buy mighty wash and dont dilute it. Put into spray bottle and spray your plants a few times a week when the lights go off. It's 99.9 percent water and they even take shots of this stuff at conventions to prove its safe and ok to use throughout veg AND flower.

17. Bro, the best thing i found was, take a small coke bottle and cut it in half. Using the top half of the bottle, stick the hover hose into it. Now hover them up. The bottle reduces suction so you dont damage the plants but theres still enough to suck the mites up.

18. Sounds damn accurate to me

19. You can also get preditor mites that eat eachother once they have eaten all the other mites and eggs.