Fuckin' kids these days..

Discussion in 'General' started by gimpy121, Sep 21, 2009.

1. So my girlfriend and I were out walking the dog this morning, and went down to the river like usual. Well, apparently there had been a party there the night before, and to dispose of the bottles, some of the kids thought they'd smash them on the rocks in the river.:mad:

To me, being the opinionated ass that I am, this is one of the most ignorant things you could do. We're not the only people that take dogs down there. There's parents that let their kids play in the water, not to mention the life in the surrounding forest and what's left in the river (not a ton of fish, but there's other stuff in there). It really pisses me off when people have no respect for the area they live in and use.

This afternoon we went back and picked up as much of the glass as we could out of the river. It was almost a backpack full of broken glass that we pulled out of there, and I know we didn't get all of it.

/rant

Also, on an unrelated note, I think I lost one of my pipes:(

2. who cares

3. sucks about the pipe

4. A lot of people care, like OP and myself.

It wouldn't hurt you to care, either

It makes me extremely sad that destroying this planet has become the fashionable thing to do

5. I think you'd care if someone littered where you walk with broken glass. The dog could easily cut himself. We know to avoid sharp glass, they don't, especially if it's under water. Lukas is right, it wouldn't hurt for you to care.

6. +Rep for being considerate of the silent life that surrounds you. People don't have enough respect for that which provides so much for us.
    Thank you for being one of the good ones, man.
    EDIT: Won't let me give you rep, I'll make sure it gets to you man. You deserve it.

7. they are teens. All they do is destroy shit.

8. I once sliced my foot open stepping on a broken bottle at the beach, I still have the scar.

It was on concrete lightly covered with sand, why ther fuck would anybody do that? Just to hurt somebody else for no reason?

9. nahh i wouldnt.. i wear shoes son

10. Thanks you lonelyplanet.

11. I'm a teen, I wouldn't do that.

Good job OP, shame you had to clean up someone else's mess though =/

12. This stuff makes me mad to my breaking point. I care about our enviroment, where my kids grow up and where my plants grow up:cool:.

Why do kids do this shit? I don't litter...it just isn't right. I respect you as a person for simply picking it up, thanks.

13. OP i know what you mean. Pisses me off when I see shit like that. Especially when my fucking friends feel the need to toss their garbage all over when there are trash cans no more than 50 feet away. I mean they really think its cool to do that.

Also, I was on the sea-doo yesterday and took it to this random island. (i didn't have shoes or sandals). I get off to go smoke a blunt and step on the beach to find broken glass everywhere, EVERYWHERE.

I think some people were born without common sense. I feel very sorry for them knowing that they will end up in prison.

14. #14 TheDankery, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
    Littering and leaving little bits of glass everywhere isn't cool, son. Let's see your reaction when your dogs or children get their feet cut up, my child.
    I highly doubt you wear shoes if you're walking on the beach or if you go for a swim, dog.

15. If im at the beach I ALWAYS break the glass bottles but ONLY at the beach cause beach glass is cool as fuck and i have like an entire shelf in my room of cool ebach glass, cant blame me for that, if its anywhere else i agree its not cool.

16. no idea why i called it beahc glas you guys know what i meant though, sand glass.

17. Props for cleaning the shit up. Sadly alcohol mixed with prepubesent faggots never ends well

18. that's a damn shame!! they'd realise how bad it is to trash shit if they was in jail and had to go out in the hot ass sun and pick it all up ALL DAY LONG!!

Why be lazy and throw shit on the ground yah kno???

I hope your dogg didn't step in that shit!!

19. That's very nice of you to clean it up, it's shame stupid shit like that happens , people need to learn to respect their roots.

20. So true, destroying the planet is the new black. In the world of high fashion it's the equivalent of wearing a fine Italian suit.

Drunk teenagers are idiot's OP, they always have been and always will be. Good on you for cleaning up their mess.