Fucked-up Day

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Green Piece, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Why not post about it. I'm not looking for sympathy or advice or anything like that.

Mostly posting bc I can't believe this happened. I got fucking laid-off from my job of 8 years. Bc sometimes my paperwork (timesheet) is slightly late. Not MISSING, but late. The company uses it to bill for my work. It wd make sense to be fired for MISSING paperwork.... But late paperwork? Never thought they would get so ridiculously serious about it. lol (A late paper still gets billed for the company, exactly the same. It's not like they ever lost $$ bc of me or something.)

Ok. Got home and found my ENTIRE EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE IS ERASED. Obviously must have been a virus or whatever, despite always running an antivirus. So all photos of my life are gone, plus all music, written documents, movies, etc. (Also if anyone knows any magic tricks for this, please let me know!!! I just wish I could find an "undo" button somewhere. lol Also, why the fuck do viruses delete ppl's shit anyways? A virus could collect all ur info without deleting anything, right???)

Oh and I'm in the middle of MOVING into my own apartment, w/ a foot of snow on the ground. The good news is that the landlady somehow still wanted me to move in, despite being laid-off. LOL We chatted about Unemployment Benefits and that might be sweet actually. lol

Well the apartment is the good thing, and my friend that I'm living with at the moment, actually GAVE me her CAT... lol Just bc I'm his favorite human of the house. lol

So worst case scenario, I still have a sick new apartment, with a beautiful loving cat, and collecting Unemployment till I find a new job. Blowing herb smoke out of my new apartment window. lol

So even that worst case scenario is still pretty sweet. :cool:

Feel free to respond but obviously not looking for sympathy or wise-ass remarks. lol

Actually I'm most curious if there is some deep meaning here in my life. All this happened on one day, right before the New Year... Is there some mystical life lesson here???

2. next blunt is for you shorty

3. Idk about those unemployment benefits. My mom is on unemployment and apparently they're doing away with unemployment in 2013

4. After going through alot of hard times in life with my health and other things, i just realized everything happens for a reason.

It might sound a bit spiritual or whatever but that is just how i look at life now. Sometimes change is also a good thing too. Just feel blessed for what you do have, and be positive for the future.

Also, i now believe perception is very important because you can completely change the way you look at a situation just by seeing it in a positive way. good luck

5. yup. shits gnna get rough soon for unemployment. plus its a big hasle

6. Thanks man! (When u said "Shorty" I hope u didn't think I was a girl though.) LOL I'm a guy but yeah if u still want to burn for me, please do! :cool:

7. Well that sucks dude, but it sounds like you do fairly skilled work. I'm sure you'll find another job soon. Plus you got laid off. I know that sounds bad, but it's actually really good. The fact that you didn't get fired is way better for your work history (after 8 years at the same job no less), and makes it so much easier to get unemployment.

8. Thanks for responses guys. Yeah no matter what I have a sick new studio alone, with my awesome newly-adopted cat. :cool:

I'm kind of dying of curiosity what will happen Monday. I'll call the job again and try to get it back again. lol By the end of the day, I should figure out if they'll take me back or not. lol If not, then Unemployment & finding a new job, plus college...

What a day. lol :bongin:

9. I thought they were just added regular DT'ing for unemployment, not scrapping it completely? I'm from Canada so i can't comment any further than that.

If i were you though i would have a job before i ever considered going on unemployment, time to hit the fuckin' pavement son, bigger and better opportunities lie out there and hey, if you happen to stumble upon one of them your life could be changed forever, for the good or bad.

10. Idk, my mom told me they were doing away with it in the new year and she wouldn't be receiving another payment

11. yea wasn't Obama on the news today about it. I honestly can't listen to him for 30 seconds or else I might falcon punch my T.V.

12. All these odd little events that seem like there must be some deeper lesson going on.

I went to the ATM last nite for some herb, and the thing shorted me $20. The day I got laid off. lol So I called & left a msg at the bank; I prolly sounded slightly wired out. LOL Then I left and it occurred to reach up into the machine. So went back and did that and found the $20 bill was stuck up inside, for the 1st time ever. Had to call them back and leave another msg that I found it. LOL So... A lesson about not getting too upset at 1st, and just approaching things logically, I guess...

:bongin:

13. No. Those ridiculous extensions Obama had going are just ending. You can still get unemployment, just not for a stupidly extended period of time; 99 weeks -_-

Unemployment is an insurance program that both you and your employer pay into while you're working. If you unexpectedly lose your job, you can collect from it for a period of time. It's not welfare or anything. And it's not going away any time soon.

14. Thats really fucked up man, i really dont know what to tell you. I at least hope your job was just a job, and not a career. jobs are easier to replace. Im glad youre keeping a positive outlook

15. Yeah idk whats going on. It's all a big mess

16. The only mess that existed is that Obama extended unemployment. It was cause for a complete abuse of the system. You shouldn't get to collect money you didn't pay into. That's more than your fair share. The fucking government couldn't afford to support it anyway.

17. #17 Green Piece, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    Ummm so if anyone is still curious then I think the life-lesson is: Don't jump to conclusions. LOL

I know it's like a stupid life-lesson but that's all I'm coming up with. LOL

There have been so many events that seem to point to this life-lesson. LOL

My hard-drive ended up being perfectly fine. lol It looked empty because... a glitch on my PC. I had restarted the external HD a few times but no changes. Then I restarted my entire PC... And wow, everything was still there PERFECT. So I was pissed and sad for 2 days, then restarted my PC. Oh. lol

And so many things have been pointing out the same life lesson: Don't jump to conclusions!

For example, a few weeks ago, my car was STUCK on an icy, snowy road. I could NOT back up bc the ice & snow. In front, I was blocked by 2 cars that were jump-starting each other w/ jumper cables. So I could not go fwd, and the ice prevented me from backing up. Just STUCK. I was close to my house so I put on my flashers, left the car there (LOL) and ran home to smoke & shower and then come back to my car.

So I'm chilling for like 20min. & from the window, I see a TOW-TRUCK driving towards my truck. :( I figured the bastards would tow my truck & then charge $100 to get my truck back. :( (It has happened in the past.)

So I flipped out, thinking the tow truck was "stealing" my truck, that I'd have to give $100 to get it back. So I ran out the house, screaming, "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY TRUCK!!!"

Um, then the tow-truck guys were like, "What r u talking about man???" & I'm like, "Um aren't u towing my truck?!"

& they're like, "No." LOL They were only there to help the car w/ the jumper cables, who was blocking the street in the 1st place. lol I apologized profusely.

Anyways, yeahhh I think the life-lesson is to NOT jump to conclusions. LOL

18. Maybe you should of been more responsible and not been late like a normal person.

19. Sorry OP I'm high as fuck but this thread is fucking halarious.

20. You can't be serious though. Your 1st 4 words are incorrect & so obvious. "Should have" not "should of" for god's sake. lol Thanks for the life-lesson though. Maybe u shd read more things than forums & learn real English, which this is not. lol

Also, it wd have been reasonable to get SUSPENDED for any given amount of time, say a week or 2 or w/e. But losing my job over it is just ridiculous & UNreasonable. For 8yrs, no one makes a big deal about papers being late once in a while, then all of a sudden I lost my job over it. I don't think anyone wd say that this is reasonable, intelligent management. lol I was a perfect employee, loyal for 8yrs, & they killed it w/out needing to. My client loved me the year or so I worked w/ him, so even from the client's POV this was a bad outcome. lol Basically these old ladies who laid me off were so inept at management, that they cd not think of a better outcome like a temp. suspension. That's my main point, suspension wd have been fair enough.

It's also crucial to remember that I gave them every single paper they ever needed in 8yrs, never lost papers or something, & the company NEVER lost $$ bc of me. Bc late papers get the same exact $$ as papers that r exactly on time. There's literally no difference to the company in the end. So even a suspension wd have been questionable honestly, but I wd have been OK w/ that. Anyway at this point I'm looking fwd to collecting unemployment $$ now & also while I return to college soon too. Gov. $$ & school w/out the pressure of working, actually sounds awesome. :cool: