Fuck. You. Microsoft.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Fëanor, Jul 8, 2010.

1. #1 Fëanor, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    I couldn't log onto my terminal server; "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile could not load."

I've been up until now (1 AM here) ripping my hair out, screwing with the server's registry, trying to figure out how to delete my SID from HKEY_USERS...

Wanna know what the solution was?

A fuckin' reboot of the terminal server. :eek:

LOL. Edit: False alarm. Rebooting didn't fix shit, I logged back onto the wrong server (redirected by the session broker because I forgot to use the -admin switch) and thought I was good to go! No more of these long days...

Removing the server from the domain and then re-joining ended up actually being the fix.

2. Not sure many people here are gonna know what that means haha.

But that sucks ass dude, I hate when something so small fucks you up.

The other day I was replacing the processor in my laptop and for hours I couldn't get it to work then I looked at the processor and I didn't have it locked in.

3. OP, that sucks, hate dealing with crap like that...drives you nuts sometimes.

Glad you figured it out. Starting to believe the other "R" in Microsoft-land (along with Retry and Reboot) is "Remove" and "Re-join", as I've fixed oddball profile issues like this before.

4. Dude, I hate those nights.

5. Root that shit son.

6. this reminds me of working server side tech support at ibm.... some guy calls DUDE WTF SERVER 6 ISNT WORKINNNNN.... your like... yea.... whats its doing... OMG I JUST CANT FUCKIN CONNECT TO IT OMG OMG OMG OMG... ok well first...can you get to any network objects or files... no...can you get to the internet.....no...is your fucking network cable, plugged into the computer first, and then, the wall..... oh no...is that bad..... *facepalm*

7. Ahh I've had many long nights like that. I remember when Vista came out, I installed it, then dual booted XP on. Little did I know, installing Microsoft OSs on the same HDD in backwards chronological order will break your boot sector >_>. I spent 18 hrs trying to fix it (started at night, so I'd been awake all day), before having a friend tell me I have to wipe and lose my data :/. Damn Vista v_v;

Luckily, I don't work with servers or other people's computers anymore.. I'm on my personal laptop, Windows 7 ftw.

8. dude, vista was so bad I knew they would upgrade that shit stat so I waited it out on xp and skipped it.

Windows 7 ftw

9. #9 Fëanor, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Haha doesn't really matter exactly what all the technical junk means, the bottom line is I was up way too late and was so delirious I logged onto the wrong computer and thought I fixed the problem :D

Same thing happened to me with a PCI video card (no latch) a few weeks ago. As it turned out I had to trim a millimeter off the bottom of the aluminum PCI bracket and bend it a bit because it was hitting the case and not fitting properly. Nevermind that 30+ of those video cards fit into 30+ of those cases with no problems!

LOL well in my defense my server really was broken :D

So true! If this had been a personal machine I would've said, "fuck it" and reinstalled the OS anyway. It's always nice to get that 'clean install' performance). But when you have 50 people who will slit your throat for deleting all of their custom settings/saved passwords/etc. it isn't quite that simple :( You'd be amazed how someone can't do their job because the "Preview Pane" in Outlook shows their e-mails on the right side instead of the bottom, etc.

Yep, it seems to fix a lot. As long as you remember to set a local administrator password before leaving the domain :D I can't express enough satisfaction with the fact that Win7/Server2008 allow you to rename a computer on the domain in one reboot.