FUCK. Theres no way I can haul bags of soil to my spot...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Moosieman, Feb 9, 2012.

1. To far/car cant get within a mile. help/ ideas/ substitutions?

2. if you have a dirtbike you could put maybe 2 over your fuel tank and 1 in a hiking backpack lol it wouldnt be easy but it would beat carrying them..

3. Hahah no dirtbike here man. My spot is just over a river i can jump, and up and down some hills. I have no idea what i should do...

4. hmmm.. im basicly out of ideas other than a wheel barrow lol

5. Well depending on how many plants and size of hole just carry it. A mile really isnt that far, and its good exercise. Otherwise you said its by a river, maybe use a raft or something similar and transport it that way. If neither of those options work, amending the native soil is easy and doesnt require as much material as bringing in soil. Hope I was of some help.

6. [quote name='"krazdballer"']Well depending on how many plants and size of hole just carry it. A mile really isnt that far, and its good exercise. Otherwise you said its by a river, maybe use a raft or something similar and transport it that way. If neither of those options work, amending the native soil is easy and doesnt require as much material as bringing in soil. Hope I was of some help.[/quote]

Actually, alot of help. I was thinking about fixing the soil, but id have no idea how to proceed. And carrying a like 50bag would be kinda hard for me. Im not exactly the biggestv dude lol

7. So the reality of growing is finally setting in? I see three options.

1. Change spot
    2. Stop whining and start hauling.
    3. Figure of what type of native soil you have, amend with composts, guanos, castings, meals, etc. there are plenty of soil mixes out there. Just look.

8. Growing isnt easy, carry 1 bag at a time on your shoulders.

15 minutes a bag

9. Man up and hump that shit there. Watch it grow and be proud you did all that hard work.Peace, Bro!

10. Damnit. Hoofin it it is i guess. Maybe I could find a wagon or something.

11. now you're thinking. May i suggest one of those carts they sell for hauling stuff like firewood. has nice big fat tires the sides lift off so you can get it in a vehicle. check see if you possibly can handle pulling it to yer site....elevation and such. Be careful to clean the trail you leave

12. [quote name='"Dr Mengle"']now you're thinking. May i suggest one of those carts they sell for hauling stuff like firewood. has nice big fat tires the sides lift off so you can get it in a vehicle. check see if you possibly can handle pulling it to yer site....elevation and such. Be careful to clean the trail you leave[/quote]

Theres one section im worried about. But honestly, I could toss the bags up onto the ledge and thwn pull the wagon up and continue.

13. coco bricks,or just add amendments to the soil...

14. [quote name='"wmc"']coco bricks,or just add amendments to the soil...[/quote]

Noob queation, but how would I know what to add?

15. if there is a will there is a way my friend............im sure alot of people have said FUCKtheres no way i can climb mt everest but it can be done just going to have to take one by one. one trip at a time, it will make the bud you get will mean much more to you because of your hard work

16. We gotta run like 1000 pounds of dirt to our spot like 2 miles through dense jungle and a river.. Grow them balls

17. #17 Air O, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012

^^^^ This is the best way take coco brick's and a bag of dry fertalizer. You can put the coco brick's in a bag in a river to fluff and expand them. Or use the native soil and take dry fert's and perlite or vermiculite to condition the native soil.

18. depending if your gonna go organic or non organics..Get a good dry slow release fert.. thats for tomatoes..
    I like these,might find them @ home depot Also good to add some GardenLime to the mix,as most coco needs it.... FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company non organics ferts cost less if that what your looking for....

19. If the soil there is halfway decent,you can just tote in some fertilizer and mix it with the soil there.Ive done it many times and it works...gl

20. How Far do you have to carry the soil. It took me 4 months to hike my soil in last year. 3 hours strait up the hole time. 12 bales of pro mix. If your not into hard work this might not be for you. Just get the soil in by any means necessary, as long as it doesnt compromise your spot.