Fuck the Yankees

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by thedon420, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Who else despises this disgrace to professional sports
    the Yankees (and Redsox for that matter) take advantage of no salary cap and buy up all the talent in the league
    pisses me off so much

2. Man, we disagree on anything. Yankees > your life.

3. money doesn't buy championships.. the yankees have proven that over the last few years.
    they have an allstar lineup that scores 2 runs a game in the playoffs.

that being said they play within the rules of baseball, and give up a shitload of cash to revenue sharing, so teams like the brewers can give eric gagne 10mil for 1 season.

(go sox!)

4. I don't really care about them buying players because that alone doesn't win championships. I mean, when they won all there titles it was with bargain bin players and guys they brought up through their system like Jeter, Posada, Bernie, Tino, O'neil ect.

Since then they've traded everyone else, abandoned getting situational hitters and thus haven't won anything in the playoffs.

What I REALLY hate is ESPN's incredible bias towards the Yanks and Sox. It wouldn't be so bad if ESPN wasn't a complete monopoly of sports television media but it is.

5. everyone on this forum crying about it...go cry about it some more, the yankees have earned all their money and just because ur team stinks dont blame it on the damn yankees.

6. Also, is there anyone more despicable then Yankee fans?

"We're going to buy all our talent, we make the money"

The Florida Marlins handed the Yankees their ass when they did more with 28 mil (a lot paid for by the Yankees because of revenue sharing) then the Yankees could do with 130 mil.

7. I think this is where a lot of the hate for the yanks and sox comes from, and the large salary.

the angels have won 6 straight against the sox and have the best record in baseball, but you never hear about them throughout the season really

8. Hey, fuck you. Don't generalize people like that. Makes you look like a prick.

9. let them try ..it takes more than big $ and talent to make a team

What they're doing doesn't worry me, they won't succeed but it still doesn't worry me that they're trying to do it

10. Thats not Yankee hate, thats just being pissed at your team & taking it out on mine...LOL, its cool though man, heck I understand. btw, whats your team?

^
    Yeah, I guess you really got me there man. But since you brought it up, the Yankees have won a total of 27 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS & numerous division titles......what about the Marlins? Since you had to go there, post some of the great things the Marlins have done. We know they beat the Yanks, what else you got?

^
    I dont know what your saying here, but yeah...thats pretty much how its done if you want to win.....am I missing something here?

But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Davy jones.

11. all you yankees haters, I ask you one question: what's going to replace that warm fuzzy feeling in your heart when they can't do anything in the postseason and the BA drops off 100 points... eventually ending up in a first round knockout.

Yeah, they may have cost your team a spot in the postseason, but you can't deny watching a-rod come to bat in a pressure situation and just waiting to see what manner of choke is going to happen.. is he gonna ground into the 6-4-3? is he gonna strike out? is he gonna get jammed and popup in the infield? who knows? thats the mystery.. idk i'm really high..

hopefully if they make it into the postseason this year, they won't come up with some ridiculous name for their lineup like "murderers row and cano" :rolleyes: a lot of good that did them against detroit in '06

12. Just for the record people, I dont hate any teams.

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I dont hate the Redskins
    Yankees fan, but dont hate the Sox

The Marlins beat us in the WS.....the Diamondbacks did it with 2 pitchers, Do I hate those clubs? nope, why should I? they had great ball teams & did what they had to do. I'm upset when my team looses big games like that, but I get over it pretty fast & move on to the next thing. I'm a true sports fan first, then I'm a Yankee fan second, I dont think I could enjoy sports as much if there were a bunch of teams I hated. Its just my nature to enjoy sports to the maximum, its a good attitude when you lose to just say we will get'em next time...instead of "I hate those fucking bastards"

& to hate a person because they like a particular team is just plain rediculous man LOL, its absolutely ludicrisp.

I hate the Rays......jk lol.

13. the yanks are a team of the past...ipacks right, watchin a-rod in the playoffs is classic
    with posada out for the season with shoulder surgery i just dont see them doing anything in the postseason, him jeter n riviera are the last of a dying breed...yanks with rings
    until the yanks win another 'ship, n prove there the yankees of old, to me, there just another team in the a.l east

14. So, 27 isnt good enough.....but 28 would be?

15. Its all about "what have you done for me lately"

As a yanks fan, you of all people should know that, hehheh

16. the yankees can suck my nuts.

it's all about the Giants.

giants > everything

17. couldnt do it with barry, cant do it without em.
    i just looked at the giants leading home rune hitter, rowand has 9, thats laughable man, pac bell aint getting too many splashes nowadays hu?

18. Yeah lol...I know, but its feels & sounds so damn good when I say it, I cant help it man. Its just a bullet in the chamber that I use from time to time, its getting a little old I'll admit, but shit man its all I have, cant a brother remember the good times........27 of them to be exact lol.

The Giants? "GIANTS".............?

NY Giants? I know your not talking about the SanFran Giants,..........dude?!

Talk about nuts, you got some big'ol one's talking the Giants lol.

I hope you guys arent taking me serious, you know I'm just messin around right?
    I mean I kinda like going back & forth with sports talk, its all in fun bro's.

19. 4 sure dude, no problems, no disrespet at all, just a little sports talk, thats all.
    and thats funny my 'cuz always talks about how many world series they've won, huge yankee fan
    but, when a yankee fan will go the length to say 'its all I have'....it makes me feel better inside
    "what have ya done for me lately" :D

20. Yeah man, we're all fans here. I can appreciate a lot of the players and talent both of the "big two" ball clubs have. Its fun to watch wakefield throw the knuckler, the Joba story is interesting and it seems as though he's settled down now into his role, watching manny roll around in the outfield trying to find a ball. I respect the talent and what they bring to the game..

Even if my ballclub had the worst record in the majors (well, we're pretty close if not there already), I still want them to beat every team and support them. But I would never say they're on the same level as a lot of the teams. I think the giants are definately looking to rebuild. They need to keep that one dude, lincecome or whatever, dude has some wicked pitches