Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fuck, I just remembered

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Pulsewidth, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I'm living with my parents this year (community college is close) and they have Section 8 housing. They know I smoke but they don't know I'm a medical patient. I'm going to be under the lease and I was wondering what is going to happen. Right now we are in the process of getting a home for rent and I'm flipping the fuck out. If they lose this house, fuck, fuck fuck!

Any help. Damn, I've never felt this shaken before.

2. I dont get whats going on? need more info

3. Ok so my parents have Section 8 housing. I will be living with them for now and have applied with them because I have to. Right now we found a place we can move into and I was just wondering what might happen as a medical patient and with section 8 housing.

4. I really can't stay calm right now. If anything I would hope they just deny I live there, but not my parents.

5. I called some people about this. They calmed my nerves for now anyway. I still don't have a sure answer.

6. what dose housing have to do with being a medical patient i don't understand?

7. I have no fucking idea what the hell your talking about. what's section 8 housing, and why would your parents leasing you (a MMJ patient) a room cause any problems? must be high as fuck, cuz there's 4 posts already from the OP and I still have no clue what he's sayin.

wait, do u mean your name will be on the lease on this new house which is being rented and the owners dont approve of weed or something? Confused as fuck :confused_2:

8. i think your mine man i doubt you have anything to worry about

9. even more is why are they looking at your medical records when you are trying to get a house just dont bring it up

10. Ok guys, I'll admit I got a bit paranoid. I'm not trolling. Section 8 housing is a program funded by the government that helps families pay for rent.

Also I haven't smoked in days. I just get worried too much sometimes. Thank god I went through this sober. I'm still a bit worried though lol

11. He's worried his parents may lose their home, or be ineligible for a new home with section 8 assistance, due to his medical use.

When applying for, and when receiving section 8 housing, they screen all applicants and household members for drug use. It's a federal program (meaning medical cannabis laws don't apply), although they leave the program function and administration to state workers.

So I doubt he's a troll, and he's definitely not 'flipping out' without good reason!

He *should* be OK, but they can potentially use it against his family when determining their eligibility, if they find out about his use, and make the decision to do so.

12. ok well im pretty sure that your not going to need to worry about your medical history when it comes to this if your really worried maybe read this http://www.hacsb.org/Library/agenda...da_Packet_2011_06_15/item_IV_I_2011_06_15.pdf it's the first link that came up when i goggled section 8 house mmj i dont know if it will help not bothering to read it but there ya go i got any research you want to do started for you

Edit: above post makes alot of sense

13. #13 Storm Crow, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    Section 8 will kick you out if they know, so don't tell them!

Medical pot, subsidized housing clash

However I do have a friend on Section 8 who is a medical user. They haven't hassled her, but she never mentions her herbal medicine to them!

Granny :wave:

14. I won't. However it is out of my hands if they find out themselves. If anything I don't mind if I can't live there. Just worried for my parents.

15. Do you think it will affect my whole family or just me?

16. Hon, did you pay cash when you got your rec? I doubt if you got the "county card"- very few people get them. And is your "pot doc" half way reputable?

Credit cards leave a paper trail that can be found. The county card is supposed to be confidential, but I trust my local government about as far as I can throw the courthouse! And unless your doctor is under investigation, your medical records are safe!

Just keep your mouth shut and dress nice when they are around!

I'd get a vaporizer to use, unless the place is secluded. They give off less of an odor to alert up-tight neighbors.

Granny

17. Yes I payed cash and I don't have a card. I just have my original recommendation paper.