Fuck Dubstep

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by reggaemylitis, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hahaha, seeing as it was jerry's bday the other day, i came across this video from electric forest this year. At first it was funny, now its just sad./
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSbOiHVchE&feature=player_embedded]‪Do YOU know who Jerry Garcia is?‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

im ready for some neg rep from all the assnectar fans!

2. Nah man, if your gonna hate on a genre of music hate on country. <-- That shits wack.

3. Cool story bro.

4. Dubstep sounds like Charlie Brown.

And like an old smoker who needs a mic up to his throat to speak.

5. dude don't judge a whole genre of music off a couple ass hats who make everyone else who likes it look retarded. But in their defense why would they know an artist from a genre of music they don't neccisarily like? i dk why you'd expect them to know who he is, especially considering they prob have never listened to the grateful dead :confused:

6. Whats assnectar?

7. Bassnectar* He's just a hater trying to make fun of them.

8. Sounds Like You Need Decent Speakers .....

9. You need to smoke a bowl and calm down my friend. Actually you need to trip then listen to dubstep, you'd appreciate it much more. :smoke:

10. o im calm and chopped as hell, ive seen 3 bassnectar shows and have been plenty fucked up, its just so repetitive and untalented.

11. #11 Sweetleaftoker, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I would sig this but I think it's too long

• Like Like x 1
  12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_fwgkpghtM]‪Widespread Panic - Raleigh 2008 - w/ Ann Marie Calhoun‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

13. So don't listen to it? How the hell could teenagers listening to a certain genre of music possibly affect your life? Big deal, not everyone has the same taste in music as you do.

14. I agree, shit sucks.

15. Haters gonna hate. :smoke:
    EDIT: It's not even close to my favorite genre but I still enjoy it.

16. #16 reggaemylitis, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    it effects my life because i used to go to a ton of music festivals, now they are overcrowded with people there just to see the dubstep. Last year at allgood bassnectar played after furthur, there were 5000 people in the way who were cheering for bassnectar during the fucking deads setbreak. These kids thought bassnectar was starting, they were all pushing there way to the front so they could have the best spots. killin all the vibes man. i know ive been drinkin too much haterade, but good riddance

the music hall forum used to have tons of threads about umphreys, moe, and the dead, etc, rap, whatever, now its all favorite womp shit and best womp womp

17. #17 Thessentials, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Hahahaha, you mad bro?

I like dubstep, I don't care about Jerry Garcia at all. The way he plays annoys the crap out of me. He just wanders up and down scales aimlessly and there's nothing catchy or memorable in my opinion.

I can be totally sober and enjoy dubstep. Doesn't matter.

I don't know what you're talking about.

18. The two bolded parts.

First off, Dubstep is not about Molly. Yea kids like to do tons of it at shows, doesn't mean thats what Dubstep is about.

Secondly, Bassnectar is not Dubstep. He has classified his genre as Omnitempo Maximalism.

Thirdly, I don't need to do any drugs to have a badass time at Bassnectar. Why? I think he is awesome.

If your pissed off at bunch of kids for changing who plays at festivals, then fucking do something about it. Ranting on a forum about you hate dubstep "for all the wrong reasons" (mere opinion.) isn't going to change anything.

19. For every dubstep hater there are 1,000 dubstep lovers.

:love: wubwubwubwub :love: wubwubwubwubwub!

20. Haha I love when people attempt to type the dub step sounds. :D