Ftp!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PeachsXX, Jul 24, 2011.

1. the other night driving home from work my girl flicked a cig butt out the window and i swerved over the line a little bit and got pulled. the cop ran all of our information and told me to pull into an empty parking lot. he pulled us out the car and said since he had arrested my girl on a previous charge he was going to run the dog on my car. i told him i had some bud and a bowl in my glove. i just think its such bull shit i got pulled over for something as stupid as a cig butt

2. United States v. Caballes says that the cop must have cause to run the dog. I don't think that you would have had a case to say no.

3. wow. you just made it easy for the cop huh? most of the times -- cops just say that to instill fear in you and it seems like the cop did just that and used it to his benefit. read up your rights and learn how to exercise them.

4. There was no dog partner, especially since you didn't say what happened afterwards. :D

5. HAHAHAH you dun fucking goofed. First. Littering/throwing a cig out the window. Swerving lanes. Having someone in your car that has warrants out, AND you told the cop you had drugs in the car. WOW

6. i didnt realize some people like prison

7. Well.....I guess some people like being visited at night by a hairy white supremacist named big Larry and eating his cock meat sandwich ...but hey if that's your thing who am I to judge, more the power to ya I say.

8. Flicking cigs out a car window when your carrying is straight noob not to mention swerving all around!

9. Re-read the decision (Illinois v Caballes), you misunderstood.

As long as they have Reasonable Suspicion for the original stop, and the dog search does not take an unreasonable amount of time, they do not need any further cause before walking the dog around the car.