Fruit juice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fox, Oct 7, 2002.

1. When I was a kid we did this experiment in school where you cut a flower (keeping a long stem), split the stem and then place it in a glasses of water with food colouring, and a few days later theres a green/red flower.

The question is...

Can you add things like fruit juice(diluted) or something to your growing medium to pass the scent on to the buds?

Just curious.

2. Cool . . . keep me posted.

3. yes it is possible to influence the physical attributes of your plants by introducing factors such as colored/flavoured/scented water to your plants. It would have to be something on a regular basis and that will not effect the plant growth. I have a friend who waters regularily with mint esscence mixed in his water. The plants have a finished menthol taste to it. The taste is not over powering but it is definately noticable. I have used compost from my yard that was made from plums and apples and the end product comes out with a distinctive fruity hint o flavour. Experiment but don't expect to much flavour change.

4. Ive heard from a certain site that if you add pure extract (vannilla, orange, chocolate ...) with water in a high density
    about 3-4 hours before harvest, your plant will suck it up if you cancel the before last feeding, and cut it down because the sugars in the extract will create bacteria after about 5-6 hours that will destroy the plant, apparently it works, but I would try it with a little less good plant just in case.