From seed, when to flower??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gra55b0y, Apr 21, 2010.

1. I have been growing for about 7 weeks from seed. My plants have still not shown sex (I know the are all female because I have feminized seeds)

Is it neccesary for plants grown from seed to show sex before inducing flowering?

Should I start flowering before or wait?? I think they are more or less a week away from showing sex.

It is my first time indoors normally let things grow naturally in the wide open space.

2. No. You don't have to wait for a plant to show it's sex before flowering. It is prefered to wait until the seedling has matured and grow alternating branches, but you can force flower the plant after about 3 weeks of 24/7 lighting.

To force the plant to flower, you will nedd lights and a plug in timer. Plug your light(s) into the timer and set or program the timer to turn on at 9am and turn of at 9pm. You can set it to your best schedule. The on and off times were just an example.

3. Cool beans. Thanks. The plants are a couple of days from showing sex so I will start flowering tomorrow. I will need to turn my lights on at 8pm and off at 8am due to the heat during the day and just make sure that no light gets to my bitches.

Thanks for the help!!

4. Yeah we do that with ours. Lights on from 9pm-9am. Not to late to get things done, and time to check on them in the morning before work.